Received my new Zebralights UPDATED beamshots

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone else have a problem using 14500's with this light? Mine fit in, but seem too big (obviously) for the light. It will close, but i feel that it would just damage the light if I tighten any further or leave for a period of time. Let alone, it won't turn on for me to even see a glimpse of the power of a 14500 cell for this light...:shakehead

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight posted specs on the new UI for the H501. There are no lower lumen sub levels on high or medium but instead, strobe and a flasher. The moon mode is listed at .5 lumen but the way Zebralight has it added on seems like they just modded the circuit of the existing H501 rather than a new circuit like they created for the flashlights and the new H31s. I ordered a H31w.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight posted specs on the new UI for the H501. There are no lower lumen sub levels on high or medium but instead, strobe and a flasher. The moon mode is listed at .5 lumen but the way Zebralight has it added on seems like they just modded the circuit of the existing H501 rather than a new circuit like they created for the flashlights and the new H31s. I ordered a H31w.

Oh yeah, that is an improved UI. It has a moon mode for moon mode fans. Slow-flashing on medium would be very useful as an alert signal. I would buy one in a second if I didn't already have an H501.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always been a cool tint guy. Now that I have the H501w... I do not know if what I really want is the H501, or if I should be content with my H501w... is the cool tint that noticeably brighter than the warm tint? What is your reason to reverting back to your H501w FroggyTaco?

I am just a neutral tint snob at this point. The regular is actually brighter but since the majority of my headlamp use is for under 5-6' & most under 3' I don't need the extra lumens.

Travis

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am just a neutral tint snob at this point. The regular is actually brighter but since the majority of my headlamp use is for under 5-6' & most under 3' I don't need the extra lumens.

Travis

Valid point. I guess upon buying this light, we knew that obviously this is no thrower, and really cant expect too much more than what it is designed to do... which is illuminate what is in front of you, and not what is off into the distance.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, that is an improved UI. It has a moon mode for moon mode fans. Slow-flashing on medium would be very useful as an alert signal. I would buy one in a second if I didn't already have an H501.

I absolutely love the UI in this light. The moon mode is low enough to give as much illumination as a zippo lighter would (still very useful). The slow flashing strobe is more attention grabbing and useful in an emergency situation. The original strobe is a bit too fast truthfully to the normal strobes I am used to in other lights, so I am glad that they offer the slower strobe in this version.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have that UI in the H501w?

I absolutely love the UI in this light. The moon mode is low enough to give as much illumination as a zippo lighter would (still very useful). The slow flashing strobe is more attention grabbing and useful in an emergency situation. The original strobe is a bit too fast truthfully to the normal strobes I am used to in other lights, so I am glad that they offer the slower strobe in this version.