Recommend a flashlight for a pizza delivery guy

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emisar D1S is only 35$ at intl-outdoor.com/
If you really want to light up distant numbers without dumping light into windows, this will do it.
I've used a D1 quite a bit for finding addresses, and the D1S would be even more effective.
-ramping up in brightness while you find the numbers makes it even more effective, as you only use the brightness you need.
Perfect interface for this usage.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
No one has mentioned the Lumintop Tool 2.0 AA, < $20 on Amazon, runs well on Eneloops.

Another suggestion: how come no one offers good whole wheat crust?

Sos24

Enlightened
I would look at the Convoy S2 or for a little over budget a Emissar D1. For recharging get either an 18650 single bay charger or a magnetic charger (Olight or Nitecore LC10) tthat uses a usb. That way you get two 18650s and can swap off recharging,so you always have a fully charged one.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Google maps will show you exactly where you need to be, so no need for a flashlight to see addresses.
Then you can get any cheap light for reading the labels.

Sounds like you got some good recommendations. If i bought a cheap light, it would probably be a mag or something like a maratac/lumintop

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little late in the thread but if you need a bright light that runs on common batteries and throws well might I suggest the jaxman m2? 400lm xml2 with a large reflector and 2xAA.

There are a lot of options out there now. For other cheap options look at the energizer lights at menards or the Duracell lights at Costco. Not as nice as the jaxman but easier to purchase and very bright.

FWIW back in the day when I did food delivery I used a 3D maglite and it always worked well. Eventually switched to a surefire G2 (Incan) which didn't throw quite as far but also worked very well. So don't get hung up on the brightest possible light. Actually that little 65lm G2 was a great light!

These days I don't do as much address finding but always liked the easy to find and use size of the maglite. I keep a 5.11 xbt A6 in one truck and a coast HP14 in the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: