Recommend Ear-Bud Headsets

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
My YUIN PK2 earphones arrived a couple days again. Really fast shipping from Head-Direct. I let them burn-in for 10-hours or so on my iPod at 75% volume, with a mix of various tunes. In short, I like these. The fit my ear much better than the OEM iPod ones I got with my Nano and Video iPod. With my iPod buds, I had to turn them 45-degrees while in my ears to get the best sound. With the PK2's, they sound best fitting them as you would normally.

Again, keep in mind that I'm not an audio junky and don't know my a** from a hole in the ground when it comes to this stuff. To me, they sound great and I'm pleased with them.

dulridge

Enlightened
For me, no earbud I've tried is even remotely comfortable for more than an hour and I've tried lots of them. the ear canal ones that just go into the ear canal and are not a tight fit can be worn for hours on end - not that I'd wear them while driving.

I'd go for shallow ear canal ones every time on comfort grounds. But then I have fairly severe tinnitus so sound quality is a moot point.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup:

My YUIN PK2 earphones arrived a couple days again. Really fast shipping from Head-Direct. I let them burn-in for 10-hours or so on my iPod at 75% volume, with a mix of various tunes. In short, I like these. The fit my ear much better than the OEM iPod ones I got with my Nano and Video iPod. With my iPod buds, I had to turn them 45-degrees while in my ears to get the best sound. With the PK2's, they sound best fitting them as you would normally.

Again, keep in mind that I'm not an audio junky and don't know my a** from a hole in the ground when it comes to this stuff. To me, they sound great and I'm pleased with them.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sony MDR NC22. Active noise cancelling earbuds. Good sound quality and because they cut out all the background noise, I end up waking around with the volume on half what I would usually use thereby stopping me from going deaf in my old age. They have a tiny microphone on the outside of each bud that picks up background noise and a microprocessor creates an opposite sound wave so you hear 'nothing'. It works mainly on background noise such as traffic, air con, etc...
I don't wear anything else when I'm outside now.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to throw in a plug for the Zune Premium buds from Microsoft.
The sound is more than decent but what I love is the cloth covered cord that refuses to tangle in my pocket.
:thumbsup:

A complaint I've heard is that the cloth transfers more friction noise to the ears but it's really not something I've noticed except at very quiet volumes.
A but pricey though at around $50.

And an other plug for the buds from Helium Digital.
Very similar to the JVC Air Cushions but with better quality materials at a lower price -- around $20.
Free shipping if you order direct from the manufacturer.

Russianesq

Enlightened
after trying every product

shure scl4 with custom molded ear buds

shurescl4-008.jpg

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nascar. Isn't it always the way, you state that you don't want the type that go into the ear canal and half the replies suggest exactly that type. Is it because people don't bother to read the original post or do they think that you just don't know what you're talking about when you say you don't want them.

Russianesq

Enlightened
The reason I recomended the Shure with custom ear buds is that it is a very different feel then just something out of the box.

I originally also did not want to stick anything into my ear as well. Wasted a ton of money of trying everything out there (should have went custom from the start).

Any ear bud that you get that is not molded for you will fall out of your ear if you are doing any kind of vigorous activity. Also since the ear bud is not formed to your ear there will be sound leakage and if you are on a plane / bus that can be annoying to whoever is sitting next to you.

Getting custom is not a big deal but will give you a lot of enjoyment.

I was also againt Shure products but after a lot of trial and error, I came around to enjoying them. Just another option to think about.

Last edited: