Recommendation needed - long life flood M@g

bkaushansky

Newly Enlightened
I have a bunch of 2C M@g's around the garage. I would like to modify one for use in my rover as a portable work like. 2-4 hour run time, wide beam, short throw. Any recommendations for bulb, reflector, battery combos?

Thanks.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well, it's not an incandescent, but the MagLED drop-in may just do that for you plus the LDF "window" (lens) from FlashlightLens.Com—

Meduza

Enlightened
I think that a Mag 2C + PTS + 3 S-bin Lux I @ 350ma + FatFlex + 20mm IMS + LDF lens

would be a nice one...

150+ lumens for 2.5h with 2 NiMh 5000mah C cells.

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
Since the Mag 3 cell LED dropin is rated to be the brightest... why not buy a 3 cell LED along with 3 C cell sized batts to put in your 2C. You'll have to remove the spring and de-anodize the cap to fit in 3 C cells into a 2C Mag. You won't need the extra bulb because the LED last much longer. Battery life should be excellent as well. This would keep in a cheap drop in while using alkaline cells.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 3C Magled w/UCL/LDF, and it's a nice setup. Nice flood, long runtime, no artifacts or rings at all.

CHC said:
Well, it's not an incandescent, but the MagLED drop-in may just do that for you plus the LDF "window" (lens) from FlashlightLens.Com—