Refused service at a restaurant tonight

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stingray said:
.....see if you can guess who the third was? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh Heh. Got me.

James Gang, Deep Purple, Foghat, Black Sabbath, Santana, Marshal Tucker Band, Uriah Heep, Allman Brothers? Sheesh. You guys are ancient.

I grew up just south of the Arkansas border. Even when Black Oak Arkansas was extremely popular Jim Dandy would come to the rescue down there from time to time.

I got to see Joe Walsh in concert as Joe Walsh.

After concerts we would go to a Denny's style restaurant named Sambo's, famous for their little pancakes and whipped butter. Politically incorrect but good food and good service.

----------
- Jeff

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy -

I had to look it up.

After Joe Walsh left The James Gang, Dominic Troiano took his place and later played for guess who (The Who). Tommy Bolin took Troiano's place and later went to Deep Purple.

----------
- Jeff

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Follow-up -

I received a letter of apology including a "gosh, we're going to tell the regional director about this!" statement, as well as a small gift card. Considering that they never called me to discuss the incident, I'm a little underwhelmed by their response. I was hoping for at least a little bit more astonishment on their part.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

StanTeate

Enlightened
PW, this obviously bothers /ed you and understandably so. I'd like you to consider something. Whenever you continue to dwell on an issue, you lay claim to it. It becomes your problem. It is not the waitresses problem because she has either forgotten it or may not even acknowledge it. As long as you claim ownership to this problem, it can reduce the quality of your life, every second you spend thinking about it.
The company may never give you the response you are looking for and the supervisor may or may not arrange for her attitude adjustment. I would focus on those things in your life that can positively affect your life. You are going to continue to meet people in your life whos' source of enjoyment is your unhappyness. Don't allow them to make you unhappy, get them out of your life asap. Your time and the focus of your attention is better spent making you and your loved ones happy, not allowing someone you don't know make you unhappy.
Just my 2 cents worth.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Thank you, George. Very level-headed and wise advice. I'm pretty much over it now but I felt an obligation to post a follow-up so that others would know what their response was.

I know that I can't change the past and that worrying about it is a wasted effort. Now if I can get my heart to listen to my head more often I'll be in good shape!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may appear to be a canned response because it probably is. However, the regional guy will be notified. That manager will be notified by the regional guy, no doubt.

I'm a facts/logic/instincts/faith kinda guy.

If I can't figure something with facts I'll opt for logic. If logic doesn't solve it I'll go with my instincts. In some cases I just skip the progression and go straight to instincts.

I have great faith that your instincts are very good. I think you've handled the problem as well as can be done. I enjoyed reading about it because cr^p like that burns me up and I was curious as to how it would turn out. So, I learned something.

I do have a question. Have you learned anything from raggie33 that is helpful? I have. Here we were stepping delicately around a bubble of PC, Raggs shows up and pops it with a pee shooter.

"...Sweetcakes." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Dude cracks me up./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

---------------

- Jeff

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
I do have a question. Have you learned anything from raggie33 that is helpful? I have. Here we were stepping delicately around a bubble of PC, Raggs shows up and pops it with a pee shooter.

"...Sweetcakes." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Dude cracks me up./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

---------------

- Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe Raggie has the most elegant solution after all. Forget about all of the discussion and worry and just address the problem right on the spot, case closed.
Thwip----->Pop!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find that when it reaches a point in a restaurant were i was going to up and leave, it's much more fun to get kicked out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NO no nono, just kidding... but I can imagine several scenarios...

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that such behavior is to be condoned all the time, but...

There is a certain beauty about the freedom of knowing you're in the position where you can do something a bit rude and maybe a lot stupid, but there's very probably not going to be any backlash. Being in a restaurant you most likely do not want to go back to is the ideal, perfect chance. Can you say, "Blues Brothers?" ("How much for your women? Your wife, the leetle girl?").

I mean, really, if you get the chance and it may actually be the right time where you actually need to be rude, can you sleep nights knowing you passed up the chance? Sometimes it might just pay to let the evil side out for a tiny romp once in a great while.

Well over twenty years ago I was at a table talking to a friend, and before I go on I must admit that I did happen to have only one or two (three?) libations that could possibly, maybe, just potentially have had a wee smidge of alcohol (gasp! If I had only known in the first place...) in them. At any rate, we were interrupted by a very nasty looking young thing (and that was the proper term, thing) who litterally "plopped" down in one of the chairs, leaving a somewhat large sweat stain ("eeewwwwww!"), as she blurted out, "Mind if I sit here?"

I calmly replied that it was OK.

We'd disinfect later.

Astonishingly, she said that she thought I was just a tad rude or words to that effect, and shockingly enough, got up and left. Can you imagine that?

That long ago and it still brings a smile to my face everytime I recall it. And my wife thinks that I am evil for it.

But she smiles at it too.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
A chance to use one of my favorite quotes, one that I have to remind myself of every now and then, especially when driving:

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

In any case life is too short, don't dwell on it.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most excellent. It's one that I'll adopt and will likely really help with the blood pressure.

And I will think about it while driving - it'll help keep ME from road rage.

lymph

Enlightened
Similar thing once happened to myself and some friends. Took an hour for them to even take our orders - about a half hour to get the food, and then over 2 hours (I kid you not) to get the check (which we never actually received). This was in another state - I was visting - and my friends said that it wasn't that abnormal for this regional chain. It was late at night and the waitress spent most of her time at another booth sitting/talking/laughing with other customers. I wanted to leave but friends wanted to stay.

We got up and tried to get the waitress to give us the bill, but she said someone else was going to bring it shortly.

When waiting for the check, after 2 hours, I approximated the cost of our food based on what I thought it was worth, left the cash on the table, and we left. I would have felt justified leaving without paying a dime, but again, friends felt guilty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Gads - three and a half hours! That's phenomenal. I can't imagine how that waitress was able to keep her job with that kind of service.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
That last one actually reminds me of a time I went to a Chinese Resturant back in college - we got there, oh, 9pm-ish, and had our late dinner - so we are waiting for our bill - we don't see our waiter, so we chat for a while - pretty soon, we are the only people in the place (group of about 6 of us) - and we notice the waiters that are there are getting annoyed -as were we, waiting like 2 hours for our bill - so we went and asked for it - THAT lead to the laugh - what had happened is our waiter had LEFT for the night and taken his order book - all the guys there assumed we had gotten a bill!! We had to reconstruct what we had, so they could bill us. They were waiting for US, and we were waiting for THEM

Latest posts