Regulated M6 hotdriver (and PIR) coming soon

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
i figure 'why be greedy'.. if you have an M6.. you are used to abysmal runtimes with HOLA.. running HOLA as long as LOLA, and doubling both, the HDM6 or shoe-horning a PIR in if winny can make the modifications needed when he does the next batch of PIRs.. amazing.

-awr

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All

Why does anyone want more (time/lumens) - just thought that as the batteries cost the same and the only extra effort/cost is longer centre bar and shrink wrap that for a bit of effort on my part I would supply at cost the tubes to make M6++ with 200% longer than standard dimming runtimes - regulated as desired for about a $60 premium.

~$120 ~ 40minutes-HOLA (+100%)
~$180 ~ 60minutes-HOLA (+200%)

Cheers Pete

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be in for one of the extension tubes and 4800mah battery packs in addition to the HDM6 starter kits. I agree that 95% of the time , the 40 min run time will be more than suffficient, but on say an outdoor camping event(boy scouts) where there is no electricity available, or a search and rescue operation, the longer run time could come in handy. I realize you could also have the stock battery holder filled with fresh 123's too, but when hiking, you want to keep weight to a minimum and space is limited.

I just had an idea,an extension tube with tritium inserts and maybe the charging jack also if there is room,or could be made so there is enough room.

I need to stop stirring the pot, I know,so I will just let you guys work things out. :)

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been keeping up with this thread very well, so I am not current on what is going on, but, I do have something important to post. The following M6-R list people have been credited the indicated amounts towards the HD-M6 list (i.e. AWR now has your money, not me :) ). Andrew I sent the package to you today with the Kapton tape and a check for the total of the amounts below minus the cost of the tape. It was sent priority mail.

Jerimoth $242
Sakugenken $214.89
Rick258 $110
510jack $230

Andrew, there will most likely be at least a couple more transfers from the M6-R list. I am waiting on responses from several people as to what they would like to do.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
As jim pointed out.. the transfers are coming by check to avoid paypal fees.. to get you full credit toward the HDM6.. also.. i'll be using original paypal dates for shipping order (though that should be mostly a moot point.. i expect them all to ship within the first working week of the start)..

petrev.. since the bat-pack will be interchangeable.. i will work on an upgrade to 17670 and other solutions.. like the 2x18650 w/o tailcap mod solution, etc but not 'til may.. plenty of other things to do.

-awr

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi AWR

Fair enough, not trying to cause you too much grief - I am sure you have more than enough on your plate.

I'll post a proper feeler for the extension to find out if there is anyone else apart from me (and Dizzy) who wants them.

Have you got an approximate date for the Tail-Cups ? How much are they as an item ?

Cheers Pete

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
haven't decided on the price to sell the tailcap separate from HDM6.. maybe $10 or 15... date will be about the end of may.

-awr

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks AWR

posted feeler thread for XTN-Tubes here

Pete

andrewwynn said:
haven't decided on the price to sell the tailcap separate from HDM6.. maybe $10 or 15... date will be about the end of may.

-awr

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andrew,

According to USPS track and confirm, you received my package with the check for the transfers so far, on Apr 24th. Could you please confirm that that is the case and that the kapton tape arrived safe and sound as well?

Thanks, Andrew.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, I completely forgot about this other thread. No posts in over a month. Thanks JS for getting this one going again. Andrew, the ball is in your court now.:)

Css2000

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, good question. I just bought an M6 and my batteries are almost dead. I'm hopeing the rechargeable pack will be here for the rescue:lolsign:
js said:
Andrew,

Where do we stand with the HD-M6?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
things are doing well with getting all the parts lined up.. mass production probably will start in about 3 weeks.. my initial estimate was 2 1/2 months from mid-april.. so that's right in line with expectations. It should only take a week to 10 days to complete production on all units so there won't be any prolonged building/shipping season.

-awr

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
dizzy said:
WOW, I completely forgot about this other thread. No posts in over a month. Thanks JS for getting this one going again. Andrew, the ball is in your court now.:)

yeah the thread was replaced with http://hdm6.rouse.com over a month ago, hence this thread being 'dead'. This was the precursor to the real thing.

-awr

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
andrewwynn said:
The Hotdriver M6 thread continues here. please keep generic questions about M6 recharagebles in this thread, so not to clutter the hotdriver m6 thread, i will monitor both threads.

-awr

This post from 4/11/06 indicates that this thread was not to be replaced by the other.:thinking:

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh yeah that's right.. this thread is the 'generic M6 rechargeable' thread.. If you have HDM6 questions they belong in this thread This thread hear is for non HDM6 rechargeable M6 talk. I was confused by a post i made in the HDM6 sales thead directing to the regular HDM6 thread... so.. to avoid further confusion and be crystal clear.. This thread didn't have activity because i'm not working on a 'generic' solution.. i have a thread for HDM6, that's where to post questions about it :-D

-awr

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
andrewwynn said:
Oh.. almost forgot:

I've hammered out a farily solid timeline:

15 april: finish the first prototype
16 april: open orderline (BST) for the units
18 april order the metal parts
25 may receive metal from shop
29 may start shipping in LOTS.. will probably have all the packs fully assembled by mid-may since the batteries and electronics will come much much faster.

-awr
I guess we can assume that this timeline is no longer valid. I understand that you couldn't have foreseen the delays of your other projects, but I was hoping to get my HDM6 by the 25th of june, to take to scout camp.

On the other hand, I still believe that when all is said and done, this project will be well worth the extra wait, as I'm sure all your projects are.:)

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
it was actually mostly HDM6 stuff adding on the time. I initially said 2 1/2 months estimate to add some buffer to cover the extras... the metal parts are done ahead of schedule but it took a lot longer to design the new vTwo driver board because i found a new chip that monitors voltage which had to be worked in.. a lot of sleepless nights involved getting that done just to stay within the 2 1/2 mo initial estimate which turns out will be more accurate than the timeline above.

I might likely have an operational prototype you could play with at scout camp.. i roll that way.. so don't give up hope for havin' something you can use.

-awr