Replacement O-ring help (for Macs Tri-EDC)

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Very nice! She's a beauty! I bet your waiting for night fall,
Thats when this light will really 'Shine' Lol,

Enjoy having her, and using her well!

I dunno if it has any glow mods, but if not, you can contact Gunga(Mike) for one his Glow stickers
to put under the optic. They look great.
congrats again, you earned it :D

Nick

Dakine234

Enlightened
Very nice! She's a beauty! I bet your waiting for night fall,
Thats when this light will really 'Shine' Lol,

Enjoy having her, and using her well!

I dunno if it has any glow mods, but if not, you can contact Gunga(Mike) for one his Glow stickers
to put under the optic. They look great.
congrats again, you earned it :D

Nick
Yup cant wait! You bet, i only keep what iʻm gonna use, if its not used its gonna get sold.

Iʻve seen those! Currently theres just orange trits but no glow. They look awesome, might pick some up and give it a try, it is as simple as removing the bezel/lense and then applying the glow like a sticker?
Thank you very much!

IsaacL

Enlightened
They look awesome, might pick some up and give it a try, it is as simple as removing the bezel/lense and then applying the glow like a sticker?
Thank you very much!

Yup :)

How to remove and clean the light engine and head

1) Remove the light engine. Fine-point needle nose pliers will work. I used the paper clip again.

2) Clean the inside of the head with a degreaser like alcohol or Deoxit.

3) Clean the threads on the light engine. I used a dry rag. Be careful if you use degreaser.

4) Clean the threads on the body tube and then apply some lube. Don't use too much.

5) You can use this opportunity to clean the glass lens with a soft microfiber cloth. Don't use paper, it is extremely abrasive.

6) Lightly lubricate the flat rubber gasket. This is important otherwise it will not seal properly.

7) Drop the gasket into the head, followed by the lens, make sure the gasket is centered, screw the light engine in and tighten using the "two-finger tightness" rule (on a Tri-EDC, one LED should line up with a scallop on the head as well as with the pocket clip once the head is screwed onto the body).***

8) Put the light back together and function test.

***Alternatively, you can assemble the LE/head in an upward position. This is good if the Carclo optic wants to fall off the LE in the downward position, as is the case with some third party LE's. First, set the glass window on top the LE assembly. Then insert into the head, without the gasket, threading until the glass has cleared all the threads. Leave an millimeter or so clearance to install the gasket from the front opening of the head. Finally, finish screwing the LE in, making sure that the gasket seats evenly and doesn't bind.