Review CYANSKY HUNTER, Multicolor Beam, 818m

ro.ma.

Enlightened
roma58
4m

pFt8oJVD_o.jpg
CYANSKY HUNTER was sent to me directly by CYANSKY for review.
For technical details: https://cyanskylight.com/product/hunter … lashlight/
For buying on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005931439385.html?
I thank CYANSKY for giving me the opportunity to try the new CYANSKY HUNTER which was the subject of this test.
CYANSKY HUNTER (hunter) is a flashlight created specifically for hunting with a concentrated, bright hotspot (1800 lumens) and a maximum peak beam intensity of 167281cd.
CYANSKY HUNTER is a medium-sized flashlight, 185.5 mm long, powered by a 21700 protected 5000mAh battery (USB-C rechargeable), with a maximum autonomy of 400 hours. On the HUNTER we find the LED Luminus SFT-40-W which allows you to reach the remarkable beam distance of 818 metres.
Even with the CYANSKY HUNTER, as in the Cyansky H3 V2.0 previously reviewed, it is possible to vary the color of the light beam (in addition to white) via a red or green filter without having to use lens covers but simply by rotating the rotating ring on the body. This system makes this operation practical and quick.

HUNTER has two switches, one at the tail and one on the side in metal, five brightness levels and the special strobe mode, with IP68 waterproofness and an operating temperature between -30 °C and +55 ° C.
CYANSKY HUNTER is particularly recommended, as well as for hunting, for military and security forces and for search and rescue.

Main features:
• 1 * Luminus SFT-40-W with 50,000 hours life
• Powered by a 5000mAh 21700 rechargeable lithium-ion battery
• Tactical tail switch, one touch to light up
• Side switch to change output mode
• Rotatable body ring to change the color of the light
• ECO/Strobe mode.
• Maximum. 1800 lumens and 818 meters.
• Max 400 hours of battery life.
• Working temperature: -30℃ ~ 55℃ / -22℉ ~ 131℉.
• HAIII hard anodized anti-abrasive machining surface
• With battery charge indication in power supply and low voltage warning function
• Constant current output circuit to maintain constant brightness
• Intelligent IC controls the temperature to avoid overheating and causing product damage or surface overheating causing discomfort
• The case is made of A6061-T6 aircraft grade hard aluminum alloy
• Double-sided coated tempered glass lens with high hardness
• Anti-reverse connection design to prevent the battery from being installed backwards, causing damage to the circuit
• Tactical attack head design
• Anti-roll design
• Memory function
• IP68 waterproof
• 2 meters of impact resistance
Dimensions: 2.52″ 1.00″ 7.30″ / 6425.4185.5mm
Weight: 8.29oz / 235gr (excluding battery)
Warranty Terms
Free replacement within 15 days from the date of sale. In the event that the same model and specifications are no longer in production, the replacement will not be inferior to the original but similar.
5 years warranty if the product has quality problems under normal use (1 year for battery). The repair is free.
WHITE LIGHT
8R9SZsEL_o.jpg

Note: The above data is based on ANSI 1 PLATO standard using a CYANSKY 2150U battery tested in the CYANSKY laboratory environment at 25°C ±2°C and 50%-80% humidity.
The TURBO runtime is the accumulated total duration of the product circuit's intelligent low brightness level test.
XEMElxGT_o.jpg
CYANSKY HUNTER arrives in a white/blue rigid cardboard box well protected by foam. The glass arrives protected by transparent plastic. The CYANSKY HUNTER sales package is complete with everything needed to use the torch straight away.
Inside the package we find, in addition to the CYANSKY HUNTER with the rechargeable Lithium 21700 5000 mAh battery, the USB-C charging cable, the holster, the **lanyard **, 2 spare O-rings, spare rubber switch, manual and warranty.
Note: In the package sent to me by CYANSKY I also found an adapter tube from 21700 to 21350 with its battery. With this format CYANSKY HUNTER becomes shorter and more compact.
kuuMKBME_o.jpg

rdUvnfAH_o.jpg

The holster supplied is open, it does not protect the torch but allows for easy transportation with quick ejection.

CYANSKY HUNTER, like other CYANSKY products tested previously, also has good construction quality, attention to detail, with good thicknesses and no sharp edges or construction residues. The green color and the clean and modern design are very beautiful.
HUNTER, in the 21700 version, is 185.5mm long with a weight of 319gr (with the battery inserted). CYANSKY HUNTER holds well in the hand with a good grip, despite its size and smooth body, but rolls easily. The writing on the torch is well made. The various certifications are also highlighted.

uxWfyUXo_o.jpg
With the shorter tube and 21350 battery, CYANSKY HUNTER becomes a real light cannon in the palm of your hand. The length difference with the 21700 tube is approximately 4cm.
ZIxmYIjr_o.jpg

Eh1Upwnx_o.jpg

CYANSKY HUNTER is made up of 3 parts: Head, Body and Tail.
xO4Z3cBH_o.jpg
At the head we find a plated spring as contact with the battery, while at the tail we find a double spring also plated. The anodized threads arrive sufficiently lubricated. By slightly unscrewing the tail cap you obtain the mechanical lock.
CYANSKY HUNTER has reverse polarity protection and waterproof and dustproof rating according to IP68 (2 meters submersible).

The rechargeable Battery included in the sales package is a protected and rechargeable Lithium in 21700 (BL2150U) format, 3.6V / 18Wh, marked CYANSKY of 5000mAh and, in the reduced version, a protected and rechargeable Lithium in format 21350 (BL2112U) 3.6 / 4.32Wh marked CYANSKY with 1200mAh.
QFhLYTGM_o.jpg
In the upper part of the battery, near the positive, there is the USB-C format charging connector.
The battery has a notification LED near the positive button. When the battery is charging the LED is red while when fully charged it turns green. To fully recharge the BL21250U battery in 21700 format I took about 3 hours and 30 minutes (1.5A). At the end of the charge the voltage was 4.18V.

CYANSKY HUNTER can also be powered without problems with other 21700 batteries, protected or unprotected, and via adapter with 18650 format batteries.

On the head of the CYANSKY HUNTER we find the slightly crenulated and protruding Bezel, which protects the glass well, and a smooth aluminum alloy reflector.
Immagine
In the center the LED Luminus SFT-40-W allows the CYANSKY HUNTER to reach a maximum beam distance of 818 meters with a maximum brightness of 1800 lumens.
N1kPQIQU_o.jpg

The reflector has vacuum plating which reduces light refraction and improves luminous efficiency while the tempered glass lens has double-sided coating with high hardness. The glass arrives protected by transparent plastic.

Prominent features of the CYANSKY HUNTER are that it has 3 colors of the light beam: White, Red and Green. By rotating the rotating ring located on the head, one way or the other, you can quickly switch between these three colors.
Se8Avsrd_o.jpg

HUNTER uses an integrated filter system that allows you to change the color of the beam simply by rotating the ring under the head without installing additional filters.
This solution definitely improves the convenience and practicality of the flashlight for different lighting needs.

vKAfdiSb_o.jpg

The metallic side button, with which we will manage the available levels, is slightly raised and has a silent click. I had no trouble finding it in the dark. In the center of the button we find a notification LED that lights up to indicate the battery charge status when the power is on. The indicator turns off 3 seconds after turning it on.

PU9OtVCA_o.jpg

Battery charge level:
Green light: 76% -100%
Flashing green light: 51% -75%
Red light: 26% -50%
Flashing red light: 0% -25%.

When the battery is low, the power indicator continuously flashes red 3 times per second and the working light flashes 3 times every 3 minutes to remind us to replace the battery.
When the flashlight detects that the battery voltage is lower than 3.0V, the flashlight will lower the current working mode to LOW mode.
On the cap we find two holes where it is possible to insert the cord supplied with the torch while at the end we find the mechanical tactical button, in rubber, to turn the torch on or off. The button has normal dimensions and allows the Momentary On function (Momentary Tactical Lighting). To operate it you need to use a fair amount of force and the click is noisy. The particular shape of the tail cap protects the button from accidental activation.

kef6Una7_o.jpg
CYANSKY HUNTER near other torches.
3Rsol9FV_o.jpg
From left: Batteria Ricaricabile Cyansky 21700, Acebeam T27, CYANSKY HUNTER, Nitecore SRT6i e CYANSKY K3 v2.0
USER INTERFACE (UI):
qypav5YK_o.jpg

The user interface of the CYANSKY HUNTER is simple. The flashlight has memory (excluding Strobe level).
HUNTER has two switches, one at the tail and one on the side, five brightness levels and the special Strobe mode.

Turn On/Off
• Tap the tactical tail switch to momentarily turn on the flashlight. Release and the flashlight will turn off.
• Fully press the tactical tail switch to turn the flashlight on/off. The flashlight will turn on in saved mode.
Switching to general mode
When the power is on, press the electronic switch on the body within 0.5 seconds to switch the general mode: LOW - MED - HIGH - TURBO.
Switch to special mode
STROBE: With the flashlight on, press the side switch to enter Strobe mode.
ECO: With the torch off, hold down the side switch while pressing the tail switch.
Memory function
The flashlight has a memory function. When the flashlight is off, it will save the previously used mode (STROBE mode excluded).
High temperature protection
After working in TURBO mode (1800 lumens) for 60 seconds, the flashlight will automatically dim to 800 lumens to avoid overheating. Then it will adjust the brightness according to the temperature.
When the product temperature is higher than the safe value, it will reduce the brightness of the product through temperature control to avoid product damage and user injury.

BEAM and RUNTIME

raVoff4u_o.jpg
The beam of the CYANSKY HUNTER is what a hunting torch beam should be, concentrated and bright hotspot and spill present but not intrusive. The color is cold white, without obvious artifacts or strange toning.

The ability to change the color of the light beam on the fly is fantastic. Of the two colored filters supplied with CYANSKY HUNTER, the most usable one is certainly the green one.
4d6AeLVH_o.jpg

CYANSKY HUNTER has a beam that illuminates well up to medium/high distances. The Candela values found at 5 meters with my LX1330B Luxmeter are higher than those indicated by CYANSKY. The beam is fantastic, with a focused and bright hotspot.
wlHnOBzh_o.jpg
- Color Temperature (CCT) and Color Rendering (Ra) and Duv with the OPPLE Light Master Pro –
Note: The Duv of a color point in a color coordinate system can be used to describe its distance from the blackbody curve. Duv can be approximated using only a pair of CIE 1931 xy coordinates.
In TURBO (1800 lumens) I measured 7001 CCT and 70.1 Ra. Duv= 0.0035
In HIGH (800 lumens) I measured 6659 CCT and 69 Ra.
In MED (150 lumens) I measured 6449 CCT and 68.3 Ra.
In LOW (30 lumens) I measured 6398 CCT and 68.9 Ra.

C0lOJ6fc_o.jpg

The Runtimes were done indoors with a temperature of approximately 22°C, using the two batteries included in the package, a 21700 5000mAh and a 21350 1200mAh fully charged.
In the photo below the runtime graphs are shown, regarding the three colours, which we find printed in the paper manual found in the sales package.
WGUxvuvm_o.jpg
CYANSKY HUNTER has temperature control to prevent overheating which can cause damage to the flashlight or injury to the user.
The tests with white light were carried out by me by putting the CYANSKY HUNTER in TURBO mode (1800 lumens) and in HIGH mode (800 lumens) using the 21700 5000mAh battery and the 21350 1200mAh battery. No additional ventilation was used. For the test I used the LX1330B luxmeter.
I would like to point out that the values expressed by the graphs must be evaluated above all as a reference because they were made with means and conditions different from those used in the laboratory.
In my tests the table values declared by CYANSKY were reached and exceeded. Excellent adjustment.
L2p5jDkN_o.jpg
CCZCNtQc_o.jpg
VIDEO Review

CYANSKY HUNTER Unboxing and Use

CONCLUSIONS

CYANSKY HUNTER
is a well-built torch with a powerful and concentrated beam that reaches medium or long distances, ideal for those who go hunting. The dimensions remain compact and allow a good grip even for those who do not have large hands. I appreciated CYANSKY HUNTER in particular for the quality of the beam and the regulation found during the discharge tests (runtime). The integrated filter system is useful and practical and allows you to change the color of the beam simply by rotating the ring under the head for different lighting needs.
CYANSKY HUNTER can be powered by non-proprietary 21700 format batteries, which is increasingly rare and the user interface is easy to remember. I would have appreciated the possibility of quickly activating the Turbo even if it enters the memory.
The CYANSKY HUNTER sales package is complete with everything needed to use the torch straight away; in my package I also found a reduction tube from 21700 to 21350 with relative battery which makes HUNTER even more compact and easier to hold.
CHYANSKY HUNTER is particularly recommended not only for hunting, but also for search and rescue and for the police forces. Great product.
Thanks for reading the review.
------ My YOUTUBE Channel ------------------------------------------------