Reviews of LEDtronics FlashLED and KeyLED

ChuckB

Newly Enlightened
I've just finished posting the reviews of the FlashLED 6 LED mini light and the KeyLED, a 1 led keychain light. Let it be known that LEDtronics donated these lights to my website for review purposes. All reviews, no matter how I obtained the product, are my honest opinion based on my test of the product. There are no paid ads on my site, no popups and no pay-per-click banners. The banner ad at the top is a from a free banner exhange service. All work on the site is done by me personally and all website costs are paid totally out of my own pocket.

FlashLED review

KeyLED review

I'd be happy to respond to all questions or remarks concering my reviews or my review process. Please comment here or send me an email. While I'd love to read and participate in all the forums here, restraints on my time will just not allow it. Thanks for understanding. And thanks to those who have sent me emails encouraging me to continue posting my reviews.

Chuck Bryant
www.hardwaremaniac.com

dirobesh

Enlightened
Two more excellent reviews - though no doubt certain people will disagree.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use them for a while... your rating will probably go down... mine did. I had problems with both units. The flashLED output was much lower than I think it should have been and the switch had issues. The KeyLED glowed constantly. It would never shut fully off. Construction of both units I received is fairly "low quality" IMHO.

ChuckB

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. My inbox has been so filled with positive comments that I'm still writing replies. Two light manufactures that I've done reviews for have written me and offered support, and one that I've never even spoken to before has written to me asking for my address so they can send products for review. There's no doubt that light manufacturers read these forums!

Quickbeam - I will continue using both the LEDtronics lights and note whether I see the problems you noted in your samples. I felt that the quality of the LEDtronics samples I had was average, and noted it. While I haven't seen many LED conversions, the work they did seemed pretty good, it was the light they converted that had a quality problem. The FlashLED has replaced the Mini-M**lite in my briefcase and I use that light often, if a problem with the switch crops up I'll update the review. I'll take a second look at the KeyLED also. If the problems are the lack of waterproofing, I may not see it for a while as I live in the Arizona desert and we're headed into our hot, dry season. LEDtronics responded to my reviews agreeing that water resistance is a problem they're aware of and would like to see made better, but offered no timeframe when that might happen. I've got one other LEDtronics product to review, the LED Safety vest, and they're sending me their new 3 LED penlight. I'll give the switches in these units an extra workout during my testing.

Chuck Bryant
www.hardwaremaniac.com