Reylight

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to have a knurled twisty in titanium.
Maratac offers one
Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 10.13.56 AM.png

but I do not recommend it because
1. Maratac Titanium threads are very gritty
2. The LED is Low CRI

Reylight uses better LEDs.
and fwiw, a Reylight will also operate as a twisty (just leave the switch on).

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I been eying those maratacs for awhile but the low cri is a no go for me. I do like the design though. I still might order one. I bought a few copper ones as gifts and the led isn't the best but it's surprisingly not that bad for what it is. Don't know why they can't just use nichias

Interesting info about leaving switch on and using it as a twisty, imma have to try that out! Never thought of doing that

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maratac offers one
View attachment 62487
but I do not recommend it because
1. Maratac Titanium threads are very gritty
2. The LED is Low CRI

IMG_2847.jpeg

Got this Titanium AA in the mail yesterday and swapped it into a Nichia 219b sw45k. The stock emitter was ugly as sin with green and purple rings.

Now it's the legendary rosy tint with even beam.

The threads on this one (revision 4?) is pretty decent for titanium, especially after I've applied Teflon/silicone lubricant.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti threads are supposed to be very gritty. Just the nature of titanium. If someone hands you a polished light that they claim is titanium, but the threads are smooth.... They lied to you.
I don't know Mono. My DMC Hoku clickies threads are smooth as butter, I highly doubt they lied about it being titanium lol
IMG_1244.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
They must have a proprietary method then for polishing up Ti threads.
Average Ti light out of the box? If the threads aren't gritty, something is wrong.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just tried on my copper and titanium Pineapple Minis, nope, the light stays on when you twist it.

Part of the appeal to twisties for me anyway is their more compact size due to not having a clicky.

elzilcho

Enlightened
Ti threads are supposed to be very gritty. Just the nature of titanium. If someone hands you a polished light that they claim is titanium, but the threads are smooth.... They lied to you.
For budget lights, perhaps. McGizmos? Like buttah. Don knows titanium.

A Maratac with a pill from a Preon is a good match. Nice tint and CRI but in a more compact and workable form. For some reason, the Preons never work right for me. They'll do low and medium, but high is a no-go. Put the guts into a brass Maratac, however, and everything works as expected.

I have a AAA Reylight in copper and the emitter is nice, but the switch is just awful. Really would like another option to swap it out if possible.

Latest posts