• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired RIBBED FOR YOUR PLEASURE! E-Head/ C Tail!!! 1X123 CELL

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean like this....

1WRX7 will be looking into anodizing when he gets back to work after the new year. HA is probably out of the question, local resources are rare.
Type II Clear or Black anodizing is a possiblility.

005-2.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
PM sent! I want one/I'll take it nonpolished. Requesting pics of nonpolished tubes for reference point.
Edit: I am told these pics are the unpolished tubes!
Money order on the way!
Will be on the buy list for the ribbed 2x123 tube if it will hold a 17650, and the cost doesn't go up too much. PM me if you can when it's time.

Last edited:

1wrx7

Enlightened
All bodies pictured are not polished. It's closer to chrome or a mirror once they've been polished. Hmmm, polished with bright dip clearcoat anodizing should look real good. As DaFab stated I'll look into all of the finishing options after the new year. As much as I like anodizing I'd like to find other options to pretty these up as well.

Keith

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, just want to chime in that these bodies look great. Nice work! :thumbsup:

Speaking personally, I've got a nice EDC build I'd love to use with one of these... but not in bare aluminum... HA-BLK would be great, and a bare stainless steel would be wonderful as well. Any chance of scoring either of these at some point down the road?

Again, kudos! :bow:

1wrx7

Enlightened
Guys, just want to chime in that these bodies look great. Nice work! :thumbsup:

Speaking personally, I've got a nice EDC build I'd love to use with one of these... but not in bare aluminum... HA-BLK would be great, and a bare stainless steel would be wonderful as well. Any chance of scoring either of these at some point down the road?

Again, kudos! :bow:

Anything is possible. I've looked for a source for HA locally and have not been able to find one. I might try to find a group anodizing around CPF.

We use a lot of stainless at work. I had never really thought of it because of weight issues and mostly because of stainless threads tendency to gall. Now I'm wondering about electrical conductivity through the body. If we don't decide to offer it I'm sure I could get a few of them turned to try it out

The biggest constraint is when my work is busy all of the side projects get pushed to the side. If CNC is slow when I go back DaFabricata and I have a couple of other items we want to get samples of. If it is slow enough we are hoping to get decent runs produced. With all the talk of 3P style bodies around CPF that is at the top of the list. We are also looking at custom strike bezels for SF heads. Probally 3 versions, mild to wild

Thanks for your interest Milkyspit. I've had to stop myself from PMing you about custom heads a few times. You put out some beautiful work. I have a M3, KL2, KT4 that I've thought about modding, but I can never make a decision and stick to it.

What we want to be able to do is offer lego's that you can't find from other sources. Keeping quality high should be easy, and once we are out of R&D hopefully costs should come down.

Thanks to all of CPF, I never thought being online could feel like home.:wave:

Keith
"If you build it, they will come"

I received mine today and I really love it. :thumbsup:

I'd like to buy another, please. PM sent.

Also, please add me to the 2x123 list. MUST have one of those, when available.

Pics with SG head and tail, including size comparison to other lights:

CTailEHeadCustomBody4.jpg

CTailEHeadCustomBody3.jpg

CTailEHeadCustomBody2.jpg

CTailEHeadCustomBody1.jpg

Last edited:

1wrx7

Enlightened
Troy,

I shipped your bodies this morning. Thanks for taking the time to post those pics they look great. That is a nice collection. It's kind of weird to see one of my parts sitting beside all the other beauties in your pics. I'm really glad you like the parts. Thank you again for your support.:D

Keith

Troy,

I shipped your bodies this morning. Thanks for taking the time to post those pics they look great. That is a nice collection. It's kind of weird to see one of my parts sitting beside all the other beauties in your pics. I'm really glad you like the parts. Thank you again for your support.:D

Keith
Keith, thanks for the quick ship! I posted these pics to highlight what cool bodies they are, and also to give people an idea of size compared with other one cell lights. I think the whole C-Tail/E-Head concept is so cool. I've always liked the Surefire M1 style, where I first noticed that "head the same size as tail" look, and I've always liked it. Thanks for making these unique - and very well-made - custom parts. :thumbsup:

1wrx7

Enlightened
Keith, thanks for the quick ship! I posted these pics to highlight what cool bodies they are, and also to give people an idea of size compared with other one cell lights. I think the whole C-Tail/E-Head concept is so cool. I've always liked the Surefire M1 style, where I first noticed that "head the same size as tail" look, and I've always liked it. Thanks for making these unique - and very well-made - custom parts. :thumbsup:

That's exactly what Tim and I thought. I saw an M1 sold here recently with the head rethreaded for an e-series head.