• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Run Begins: Exolion in Stainless Steel - More Available

bennytheblade

Newly Enlightened
Re: Interest List: Exolion in Stainless Steel

:whistle:
:bumpit:

:rock:
One of the few lights Im really excited about.

Bern

Newly Enlightened

I'm in for one

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maximum and Bern, I have you on the list.. Thanks!

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just wondering, how many people do we need to sign up before this is a go?:)

Also, I know there is no serial # on these but if for some reason you change your mind, I would like #33. Just in case.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

ChocolateLab33 said:
Just wondering, how many people do we need to sign up before this is a go?:)

Also, I know there is no serial # on these but if for some reason you change your mind, I would like #33. Just in case.

Ideally, I would actually like to have 100 sign ups, but it looks like that won't be happening anytime soon... So, I'm just going to let this list run for a while and then begin the run when there is at least 50 or more... or I get tired of waiting.. :grin2:

Last edited:

Nuutaro

Newly Enlightened

I'll take one!
Please register my name.
Thanks!

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Nuutaro, I have you on the list. :)

fleegs

Enlightened

Not sure if this is possible but I must ask.

Can this SS unit differ from the Ti by having a new menu. For example, low, high, burst, strobe, SOS, Adjustable low and high setting. I find the extra low, high, burst to be useless. If I miss the setting I want I wait 0.8 seconds and start over. I think these need to be replaced with more useful settings. I would strongly recommend making low and high adjustable. Because the low on the Ti is too bright at night (for me). I have made the high setting lower than low but I still have to click past the "bright low" to get to it. Plus making both adjustable would make it more appealing to the people who want the bright setting to come first.

I know this is possible (already exists in FF3) just let me know if you are willing and then I would be in for one of the SS units. The Ti unit is awesome. I would welcome all comments surrounding this. I know it would be a piece of cake for goldserve to do.

Oh one more thing I found with the Ti. The foam on the bottom caused problems for my RCR2 batteries that I all ready had (they were a lot taller and had a plastic lip on the bottom). To fix this I ripped out the foam ring on the bottom and put mole foam on top and all my batteries work perfect. Plus it is a lot easier to turn now. However, the original battery will not work without some Al foil on the bottom to raise it. But all my regular CR2s work. These CR2 batteries worked in my CR2 ions without spacers. And I think the length has increased a bit for the CR2 batteries because I saw a AW post that the new (newer?) batteries work in the CR2 Ion now without the spacer. All I am trying to say is you may want to include the foam ring on the board side or no foam at all. I have done the mole foam on my Fenix P1, Jil DD and now the Exolion Ti and they all work fine with no battery rattle. I would recommend no foam because I believe that would be less headache for you.

Thanks for reading.

rob

Edited update:
I am not sure if the smaller size CR2 that came with the light will work or not work because I think the battery appears to be dead. When I made the comment above I assumed it to be the size but then I tried adding spacers and none worked in the light. I can not even get the light to change in my Nano or DSD charger to respond when I put the battery in. It's like there is no battery there for both chargers. So I can not comment on the shorter batteries since I now own none. - Thanks rob

Last edited:

kiely23+

Enlightened

Hi Gregw, :grin2:

I am a owner of your great Exolion Ti. I upgraded the Exolion Ti with UXOJ board and a cut down McR 18mm reflector for more throw. Now my question: How many cost the SS Body incl. all components, exclude the t-bin board and McR 16 reflector?
Thanks for your answer....

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

fleegs, the Exolion SS will still have the same three level as the Exolion Ti... There will only be two small changes... There will no longer be a "blink", and the timing to change between levels has increased to 1.2 seconds instead of 0.8 seconds.. If you like the standard FluPIC 2.1 interface, you can change out the sandwich in the Exolion to a standard sandwich from goldserve.

Regarding the battery length, the Exolion Ti was built using the shorter protected RCR2 batteries from AW, as that was what I bought from him.. The Exolion SS will be sized for standard CR2 batteries, which will be slightly longer. The foam worked well for the battery that came with the Exolion Ti, but you can obviously remove it if it doesn't work for other batteries.

kiely23+, sorry, but I won't be selling "body kits" of the Exolion SS. The Exolion SS will only be available as a complete flashlight.

bennytheblade

Newly Enlightened

Any new details/updates about kind of steel used etc.?:naughty:

fleegs

Enlightened

gregw said:
fleegs, the Exolion SS will still have the same three level as the Exolion Ti... There will only be two small changes... There will no longer be a "blink", and the timing to change between levels has increased to 1.2 seconds instead of 0.8 seconds.. If you like the standard FluPIC 2.1 interface, you can change out the sandwich in the Exolion to a standard sandwich from goldserve.

To confirm: it will be low, high, burst, low, high, burst, change high; but with no blink and 1.2 seconds allowed between twists?

How much heavier is SS than Ti for this flashlight?

Thanks,
rob