Russia school attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
No words can truly describe how I feel about those terrorist or all the terrorist in the world for that matter. Those murdering pieces of human waste. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I heard on the news this morning (approximately 35 minutes ago) that there were at least 150 killed and 400 injured; and that three of the terrorists were still holed up somewhere in the building.

Frangible

Enlightened
That's horrible. Hopefully we stop calling the scum who did this "seperatists" now.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The thread (rope? Steel cable?) that ties all of the various acts together is RADICAL ISLAM.

Notice I did not say Muslim.

Can even the Bush haters see this?

It is terrible and tragic what happened. But it would only be so much worse had the Russians given in!

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Radical extremist anything is usually bad. No politics. No religions. No idealism. I don't blame anybody except the f'ing baby killers. I hold no grudge against their families, villagers, etc. No ill will against anyone except the do'ers, and they have a really special place waiting for them, nice and warm and oh so cozy.

Well, if anyone told me they thought these mutts were right in what they were doing, I'd probably adjust their attitude a smidge, but that would just be for being stupid, and not for being an animal.

But these baby killers deserve the finest treatment the sickest minds on this planet can offer, IMHO.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hundreds dead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Parents unable to find their childred to determine whether they are even dead or alive.

One thing that I noticed when I went out with friends last night is that nobody seemed to know about any of this. I see bits and pieces on the news but that's about it. Two airline downings, a subway bombing and now this. This is major international news, and with our new "awareness" of international terrorism and how it can come right into our back yard, I thought more people would be aware.

I think I heard more about the Madrid bombings last year than the recent situation in Russia these past weeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

-Jason

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry--terrorosm is not a threat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

it is plainly over-hyped, and we are being brainwashed by the fear-mongers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
From the SCOTSMAN:

One man, Alan, looking for news of his sister, said: "Everyone in this town has lost someone. What they say on television is a lie. There could be 600 dead."

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Story

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont understand how did so may people die?dont they have specail forces for stuff like this

CiTY

Enlightened
Well, I guess Baby-Killing is not out of bounds when it comes to religion... Maybe we should put them in US-jails, and let our prision population enforce some moral laws... I hear they don't like Baby-Killers in there.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Admittedly, the terrs 'engineered' a very difficult situation for the authorities. They have a great deal of experience and it shows. The fact that most of them are willing to die for their cause only makes things more difficult.

They were always a force to be reckoned with but now that the Chechen terrs are connected to like groups on an international level, they are a far greater threat to Russia than they have ever been before.

IMO Putin seems very much in a tight box. There is no military solution to the Russian-Chechen quandary. Another Russian military campaign would be another disaster. The second siege of Grozny was all about getting the 2000 rebels that were holed up there. After untold Russian casualties (literally) and destroying nearly the entire city they left -- with an estimated 2000 rebels still hiding out. If Putin responds militarily it will only be for the political effect it will have at home.

I am very thankful to be far away from there.

Gman

Enlightened
I'll put my two cents in here since I've traveled extensively in Russia, speak Russian, and am engaged to a Russian woman. In fact I just returned from a month in Russia and Ukraine where I traveled the countryside and did some photography in the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone of Ukraine.

Both countries have lots of problems and are still grappling with the effects of Soviet rule. The economic, corruption, and enviornmental obstacles alone boggle the mind.

I should point out that the Russian people became cynical about the Soviet system long before it collapsed and withdrew into a tight circle of family and friends. Anyone who thinks the average Russian was touting the party line in the years before the USSR failed is mistaken.

The family is the core of Russian culture and they make the best friends a man could ever hope for. Not that they're perfect people but they are nothing like western culture. They can be difficult to understand at times but be assured they put family and friends first.

Not to condone these acts but the Chechynian situation is complicated. Russia has oppressed them for a hundred years and whoever said oil is involved is also right. It's not only about religion.

As for reporters (or anyone esle) who may feel distanced from these monstrous, barbaric, and inhumane acts (especially the latest one) I suggest they have a look here:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/spuller/112407.html

Like Forrest Gump, that's all I got to say about that.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Anyone with any humanity in them at all would never terrorize and kill innocent children who have nothing to do with their situation just to get their pont across. The Chechynian people should rise up and denounce such barbarian practices. But just like no muslim leaders stood up and denounced what happened here on Sept. 11th I would not hold my breath. No matter how anyone spins it, they are still terrorist who murdered innocent children. They were sill cowards who thought invading an unarmed school and murdering children was somehow heroic. I would think their actions hurt whatever cause they were fighting for much more than it ever could have helped.

Gman

Enlightened
"I would think their actions hurt whatever cause they were fighting for much more than it ever could have helped".

You're 100% right about that. If any good at all can be said to have emerged out of this tragic event it has been that:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5912071/

"If all the enemies of Islam united together and decided to harm it ... they wouldn't have ruined and harmed its image as much as the sons of Islam have done by their stupidity, miscalculations, and misunderstanding of the nature of this age,"

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember when Vietnam vets were called babykillers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Now the terrorists in Russia can chew on that one for a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Those are your babykillers folks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

ZDP189

Newly Enlightened
Latest: Nearly 400 dead, half children. 540 wounded; 423 still hospitalised as of yesterday. 260 hostages still unrecovered. Those figures don't include the terrorists, either.

That's worse than all expectations; worse even than the original estimates of the number of the hostages taken. Shocking and deplorable.

Apparently, the terrorists did have a dead-man's switch. An earlier captured terrorist is reported to have said that they never intended to negotiate; just secure the building and buy time to mine it and slip away. With hindsight, given the thoroughness with which they rigged the building, probably the optimal course of action would have been to storm the building immediately, without opening negotiations and be prepared to take whatever casualties may occur.

I can't imagine what impact that will have on the community of Belsan for decades to come. Can you imagine this happening at your hometown? Some p*ssed of Iraqi, Afgani, etc., etc., (name all our enemies, I can't) takes every child and their parent you know and in three days all are gone or grieviously wounded.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
The temptation is to look for the differences between us and the Russians, in an only slightly below the consciousness level of convincing ourselves it can't happen to us. But the thoroughness of the monsters really did put the Russians in an impossible situation to which we ourselves would just as vulnerable: Are these the terrorists you can negotiate with and therefore avoid the bloodshed of rushing the place, or are these the terrorists that are stalling for time while they ensure that the devastation is total? Any choice the Russians made was going to result in massive bloodshed, and make Putin look foolish for not picking one of the other choices.

Proof that sometimes, no matter how we try, (and of course we should always try) we can't stop truly evil people from doing truly monsterous things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
I do not remember the time Christians killed 150+ little kids to prove a point. I am only 45 so I might be mistaken
I do not think Christians do that.
Topper

Status
Not open for further replies.