Russia school attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Topper said:
I do not remember the time Christians killed 150+ little kids to prove a point. I am only 45 so I might be mistaken
I do not think Christians do that.
Topper

[/ QUOTE ]

What is that supposed to mean?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
MichiganMan said:
What was Tim McVeigh, and do you think the number of the kids in the daycare would have influenced him? [/quote
Tim McVeigh was a monster. I do not ever remember him claiming to be a Christian. Sorry to help the thread get off topic with my answer but not every American is a Christian. He may have went to church all his life but that does not make him a Christian.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Ok, at the risk of running afoul of Godwin's Law, allow me to invoke Hitler as a prime example that as long as Christianity continues to admit human beings into its ranks, it enjoys no specific protection from defective ones. I know some Christians claim Hitler was an atheist or agnostic, erroneously feeling that one Christian's evil reflects upon them, but the Fuhrer was pretty clear in his beliefs.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
MichiganMan,
Anyone can claim to be anything. It is not the claim that makes someone something it is their actions.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
LifeNRA said:
MichiganMan,
Anyone can claim to be anything. It is not the claim that makes someone something it is their actions.

[/ QUOTE ]very true

ZDP189

Newly Enlightened
Your invocation of Godwin's Law trumps mine of Erickson's Law and possibly even Khendon's Law. Perhaps someone can now mention the McDonald's Coffee Lawsuit* and the DMCA and then we'll have a royal flush of thread enders.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

PS/ *Oops!

[ QUOTE ]
MichiganMan said:
Ok, at the risk of running afoul of Godwin's Law, allow me to invoke Hitler as a prime example

[/ QUOTE ]

MichiganMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LifeNRA said:
MichiganMan,

[/ QUOTE ]

So Muslims that do terrible things are really Muslim, but Christians that do terrible things aren't really Christians. Interesting. No wonder you [edit] don't remember Christians doing horrible things. [edit]

[removed] only remember Muslims doing horrible things. [removed]

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I never said that I only remember Muslims doing terrible things. You must have me confused with someone else.
In fact you have made a very large leap and put words in my mouth that I never said or even hinted to.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even without looking at the religious (or sacreligious) aspects of the players, the mention of Tim McVeigh's actions compared to that of the school attackers is interesting. His actions have a lot in common with the Russian event this weekend.

If you wanted to 'get inside the heads' of the school attackers a study of McVeigh would probably not take you too far off course. Of course the reasons and the circumstances are different, but in the end McVeigh's thought process led him to select a similar target. That, in and of itself, is interesting food for thought. To me, anyway.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
MichiganMan said:
[ QUOTE ]
LifeNRA said:
MichiganMan,

[/ QUOTE ]

So Muslims that do terrible things are really Muslim, but Christians that do terrible things aren't really Christians. Interesting. No wonder you [edit] don't remember Christians doing horrible things. [edit]

[removed] only remember Muslims doing horrible things. [removed]

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said anyting you have typed here. I have not mentioned Muslims at all in fact. Do not pretend to asume how I feel about anyting unless you hear it from me. I grow tired of your baiting game and suggest you take it to the Underground before this thread gets locked.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
So what characteristic of the monsters that killed 150 children are you contrasting with Christians? Or did you just want to spontaneously make a general statement about Christians?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little over a week ago, a CPFer in this forum was disappointed that terrorists took down those two airliners in Russia rather than the USA.

Remember, there are CPF members who wouldn't mind something like this massacre of children happening in the USA. There are also alledged Americans who have posted on the Underground and here that they consider American and Coalition Troops terrorists and that they get what's coming to them when they are killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't like to think that my supporting CPF with donations contributes in any way to the continuance of CPFU. I'm pondering my continued involvement with CPF.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
In these last few days I am all at once saddened and enraged by this act. I'm certain this is a shared feeling.

" The sound of weeping mothers who lost their children in the bloody end to Russia's school siege drifted out of the houses of Beslan as relatives prepared to bury the first of the dead." REUTERS/Eduard Kornienko

Maybe this is a time for pause, reflection and agreement.

Greta

Flashaholic
I think it's time to take this Underground.

Britt... it has already been stated that CPF funds do not in any way, shape or form go toward CPFU. CPFU is funded 100% by me and what I earn at my job... not even my husband's paycheck contributes to the existance of CPFU.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.