Saddleback Leather Owners

nbp

Flashaholic
By request, I have some additional pictures of the small bifold. I hope they are helpful for size reference. There is a few bills in the main compartment, and about 10 cards in the other two small pockets. :)

img0466un.jpg

img0467z.jpg

img0468xx.jpg

img0469bw.jpg

img0470gu.jpg

img0471wc.jpg

img0472n.jpg

img0473vd.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
More than a year later, my SB wallet is softening up and developing character, I will have to post some pictures of it. I have really grown to appreciate it over time. I also just got one of their coffee brown tow belts a few weeks ago, and I am loving it! This is what a belt should be constructed like! Pics will follow. Anyone else have photos and experiences with well used SB gear? I wish I could afford a whole array of their products. :broke:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received the Chestnut Messenger Bag for my birthday. Great bag for carrying my "stuff" (flashlight, Ipad, headphone, personal care items...) on trips to the cabin or as a carry on for flying.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of their items (a satchel and a medium briefcase).

If you're not strong before you start carrying them...you will be after a while. :)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a carbon black medium bifold wallet. Its my perfect wallet and I wanted one for about a year before I finally bought it. I've had it about 6 months now and it still looks almost new even though I carry it everywhere. Its certainly thicker than equivalent sized wallets but not obtrusively so - I guess it forces me to keep my wallet clutter free which I really like. Its goes without saying that its ridiculously well made. This wallet will literally last me a life time if I don't get bored of it before then haha.

The medium is much more pocketable than the large though having never used the large I can't say for sure.

9 cards and one bank note (which is a rarity for me Lol):

uzatevyt.jpg

ebagadyt.jpg

tangfj

Newly Enlightened
I have the small bi-fold and ID wallet in tobacco. I could not be happier with them. Initially I ordered the wallets in coffee, chestnut, and tobacco and returned all but the tobacco. I love the light color of the tobacco. From what I hear they age nicely and I think the color is somewhat unique for wallets.

Sent from my iPhone. using Tapatalk

robb01

Newly Enlightened
Just got the Bible Cover to use w/ moleskine notebooks, love it

Dxq93O

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thread revival!

I was just doing some saddleback surfing and I came across this thread. Glad to see some SBL fans on CPF. I only have two pieces, but I'm definitely looking to grow my collection. :)

Anyone else SBL fans? I love looking at how everyone's piece builds their own unique character. I've only had my briefcase for 3 months, but it already has stories to tell. Including being stolen from my truck AND finding it's way back to me. Thanks to HPD. :thumbsup:

FYI: Large classic briefcase in tobacco with medium notepad holder and ti tri edc. Yeah. It doesn't look like a large, but it's just the perspective of the pic.

Last edited:

kbuzbee

Enlightened
I've got SBL belt, wallet & iPad mini case. All top notch stuff.

Testing a replacement for the wallet though, from Ragged Edge. It's WAY thinner and WAY lighter

430969c31aa5a37e26a55da5d0b9fa71.jpg

This wallet fully loaded (it doesn't hold a lot) is thinner than my SBL empty...

Ken

RRT01vn!

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got SBL belt, wallet & iPad mini case. All top notch stuff.

Testing a replacement for the wallet though, from Ragged Edge. It's WAY thinner and WAY lighter

430969c31aa5a37e26a55da5d0b9fa71.jpg

This wallet fully loaded (it doesn't hold a lot) is thinner than my SBL empty...

Ken

RRT01vn!
What belt do you have? I'm looking at grabbing one (the 1.5" in carbon black). Any comments on it before I drop nearly $100 on a belt lol?

kbuzbee

Enlightened
What belt do you have? I'm looking at grabbing one (the 1.5" in carbon black). Any comments on it before I drop nearly $100 on a belt lol?

1 1/2" Old Bull. It's great. Will probably last me forever. Highly recommended.

Ken

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one too.
My only issue was a loose screw. Just tighten them all before you wear it.
Also, it is thick, this makes it a snug fit on 2 pair of my dressier pants.
Great belt though.
John

Levon

Newly Enlightened
Love my small Bifold in Tobacco

After 2 weeks

Now after 293 days

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks for bumping this up. I forgot to post that I just added a black four stitch belt to my collection. Their belts really are the best out there. And my bifold wallet is still going strong after a couple years. That thing will never wear out, I'm sure of it!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for bumping this up. I forgot to post that I just added a black four stitch belt to my collection. Their belts really are the best out there. And my bifold wallet is still going strong after a couple years. That thing will never wear out, I'm sure of it!

Pics, or it didn't happen. :)

I may need to look into this Saddleback. They look good. Too bad I don't have any money to put in it if I buy it. I could put receipts from my flashlight purchases maybe? ha

nbp

Flashaholic
I dunno how pics of belts and wallets will translate, they aren't shiny light lights, but here goes. ;)

Tow Belt, a couple years old, worn every single day until a week ago

towbelt_zpsgo997bjg.jpg

Classic four stitch belt, just arrived, for dressy wear as the brown one is getting scratched up at work

fourstitchbelt_zpsszihsbzm.jpg

Bifold wallet; couple years old and just broken in. This will surely last as long as I care to keep it.

bifold_zpszoma01ao.jpg

bifold2_zps2suax1w9.jpg

bifold.3_zpsmqsu3tca.jpg

MarkusDownUnder

Newly Enlightened
Hi there. Nice forum and thread. I have been looking for information on two Saddleback Leather bags that I cannot find, so I thought I would try here. I am looking for my ultimate bug out bag to last me my lifetime. Not a bag, but THE bag. A bag for everything, the office, weekend travel (I travel light) and for camping and hunting.

I am requesting some help with a few things with regards to carrying capacity and ability of these bags from those experienced with them. As quoted above I am not sure whether to go for the Large Front Pocket Briefcase or the Large Classic Briefcase from Saddle Back Leather (SBL). My biggest dilemma is I am not sure if the Large Front Pocket Briefcase will be big enough for short business trips 2-3days max?

I calculated the capacity of my older bag which held about 17litres. The biggest problem I had with that bag is that on business trips away I wished it could sometimes fit an extra pair of shoes once I filled it. It couldn't.

I contacted the SBL company by email and asked for capacities on the bags. They were extremely helpful and polite and wrote back; Large Front Pocket Briefcase 21.12litres; and Large Classic Briefcase 24.83litres. However, I have read two reviewers state that they find the Large Front Pocket Briefcase to be more roomy, as the Large Classic Briefcase has two large internal pockets that protrude into the main compartments, thereby taking up a lot of space.

Whether this is really just a feeling owners get or its actual I would really like to know. I would love to hear from someone with experience of these two large bags, and I stress the large bags, because I think the Large Front Pocket Briefcase was not available earlier on, but added to the range at a later date.

The other thing I considered being an outdoorsman and traveller was carrying ability. I noticed the Large Classic Briefcase has two straps which can be used to secure things a-top and below the bag (sleeping bags, tents, axe, tri-pod for example). However the Large Front Pocket Briefcase only has one main strap. Given both bags also have upper and lower D-ring anchor points do people think the fact that the Front Pocket Briefcase only has one main strap, that this limits its external carrying ability at all?

Lastly given I will use the bag so universally and that the Large Front Pocket Briefcase only has one main strap will this put stress on it or make the carrying experience sloppy or unstable if the bag is heavy?

Sorry to delve into the intricacies here, but given the price I just want to choose the right bag for me. Cheers, and thanks in advance.
smile.gif
:thumbsup: