Samsung High CRI 5700K LED?

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Except I might be planning special emitters for say... beryllium copper.

These LEDs are sourced from China. From what I understand, transportation in China and Hong Kong is very restricted right now due to the new strain of Flu outbreak - coronavirus.

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
These LEDs are sourced from China. From what I understand, transportation in China and Hong Kong is very restricted right now due to the new strain of Flu outbreak.
Flu (influenza) and Coronaviridae are two completely different types of virus. Some symtoms are the same but al other is different, therefore influenza vaccine does not work with corona.....

Sorry I know I am evil :devil:. Now I will never get a chance on grabbing a Ti Clicky High Noon:duck:

Johnnyh

Enlightened
A user named AZHU at BLF is offering 4000k sw40 d220 L2 r9080 LEDs in quantity...just a thought for the BeCu...I love that emitter...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
These LEDs are sourced from China. From what I understand, transportation in China and Hong Kong is very restricted right now due to the new strain of Flu outbreak - coronavirus.

Well, at least google says that by the time the Samsung get here, they cant spread Coronavirus:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

"In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of 2019-nCoV associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of 2019-nCoV in the United States associated with imported goods."

A user named AZHU at BLF is offering 4000k sw40 d220 L2 r9080 LEDs in quantity...just a thought for the BeCu...I love that emitter...

AZHU is a great source for Nichia LEDs. Ships quickly, from Califoria.
trivia:
Nichias are made in Japan, near a Sea Turtle Sanctuary.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to point out that this :thumbsup::twothumbs is how to suggest an emitter. Makes it so much easier for us to find them.
Spec sheets are dandy, but they often have things listed that don't exist (which is the case with darn near every spec sheet we have looked at). When a place that actually sells them is listed, like in RCS1300's first post, it is very helpful.

Not saying Henry and I didn't spend a good deal of time today looking over the Samsung LH351D, but we did.

We shall see...

Bummer that the Samsung 5700K LED will only be available in the special metal runs.

Last edited:

Lithium466

Enlightened
If you provide the led I can mod it for you ;)

Who am I fooling...I will now try to source some of these leds and maybe mode one of my lights!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the moment you will not find any Beamshots of Samsung 5700K LED used in HDS. This LED currently is only available for the special metal lights, not for the regular lights.
The special metal lights are not be shipped until now (like Hogo posted somewhere else that is takes a few weeks more to ship).

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, its a very curious LED lol.

At the moment you will not find any Beamshots of Samsung 5700K LED used in HDS. This LED currently is only available for the special metal lights, not for the regular lights.
The special metal lights are not be shipped until now (like Hogo posted somewhere else that is takes a few weeks more to ship).

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Katie, my rescue dog in the picture to the left, asked me if, in the next two years, I could get one of these Samsung 5700K HiCRI led's in a titanium Rotary.