Sanyo Eneloop MQN05 Smart Charger (GES-MQN05-4)

WDG

Enlightened
It's a very good charger, though not fast.

The NC-MQN05U is a smart four-channel charger that will take up to five hours, depending upon how much charge each cell needs. I don't use it as my primary charger, but do use it when my MH-C9000s are busy, and also as a travel charger (it's ideal in this role, IMHO.)

ecrbattery

Newly Enlightened
According to user manual, the charger is pretty slow:

AA 300 mAh x 4
AAA 150 mAh x 4

The old 2007 thread has a lot of good info about this charger:

An-Informal-look-at-the-Eneloop-NC-MQNO5U-Charger

No free shipping which mean another $3.60 for the cheapest shipping option.

The eneloop battery on sale has 1000 cycles so battery junction probably trying to clear out all the first gen eneloop.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this is good charger? I read good things about the MQNO5U charger, but not sure about this variation.

I was planning to pick up that charger and some eneloop on sale from BJ right now: http://www.batteryjunction.com/currentpromo.html

Any reason why the batteries are so cheap??

Thanks!
I have this charger and it seems to work fine. I would reserve it for charging Eneloops only though. Other brands may not work so well with it.

pikal

Newly Enlightened
Will the "new/updated" eneloop batteries work in that charger ok?

WDG

Enlightened
Is the NC-MQN05U the same as the GES-MQN05-4 in this link? http://www.batteryjunction.com/sanyo-charger-mqn05.html

Yes, it is:

your Battery Junction link said:
Features and Specifications:
Input: 100-120V AC, 50-60Hz
Output: 1.2V DC, AA 300mAh x 4, AAA 150mAh x 4
Dimensions: 4.13" x 2.76" x 1.14" (105 x 70 x 29 mm)
Weight: 4.35 oz (120 g)
Temperature Range: 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
Model: NC-MQN05U
Able to charge 4 batteries at a time
Charge times:
Approximately 7 hours for 1-4 AA Eneloop 2000mAh cells
Approximately 6 hours for 1-4 AAA Eneloop 800mAh cells

WDG

Enlightened
Will the "new/updated" eneloop batteries work in that charger ok?

The newer Eneloops have improved cycle/life, but the capacity remains the same. Should work just fine.

Other brands may not work so well with it.

I never had any issues charging generic 1300s or Powerex 2700s in it, but YMMV.

Honestly, at that price, it's a great little charger and those Eneloops are a steal, IMHO. I don't really need any more right now, but I may get some anyway.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that the new packaging for eneloops? I've got a pack that looks like a potential knockoff, and part of it was the changed packaging.

InHisName

Enlightened
I ordered one of those, GES-MQN05-4 Hopefully that is the same as one not available in last year or two. A low charging current single cell charger. I keep accumulating 2 AAA cell devices. Getting that 3rd cell charged is sometimes hard.

Then I noticed some Tenergy LSD AAA cells for like $4+change for 4 pack. Anyone else do evaluations on these? Either way I'll be running them through the paces with my C9000. Then I'll try out the new charger on older cells. My Duraloops I got for $6.45 in '09 are all starting to go HIGH now, so charging them is a bigger hassle.

Latest posts