Say hello to Lumintop Tool AA!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mode: High,Mid,Low (14500)
Lumens: 550LM,95LM,8LM (14500)
that spec sheet does not indicate the order of the modes...

I have not found any info on what mode the AA Tool (clicky) starts on.

The AA Tool has a mechanical switch, NO ESwitch.

related, but not the same:
I found this quote that says the AA Maratac Twisty mode sequence is LMH
Yep. I'm modding a copper maratac AA at the moment.
1. there is bad pwm on the driver. I think it was less than 1Khz. I didn't try to estimate. Just thought it was annoying.
2. The levels are l-m-h with low being too high.

offtopic:
the following is about AAA lights:
All the AAA Maratacs (twisty switch) I have purchased since 2015 have MLH mode sequence. Same with the AAA Tools (clickie),

with the following exceptions, which Are all LMH:
The ReyLight Copper Tool, - (mechanical clicky switch) (Not Available)
ReyLight TiTool (ESwitch) (still a available today)
massdrop Brass Tool (ESwitch) (Not Available)
massdrop TiTool (ESwitch) (still available in the future)

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
I didn't mentioned the (PWM) because I thought Lumintop will continue to do PWM Free Lights (AAA/AA The Tool Series).

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't mentioned the (PWM) because I thought Lumintop will continue to do PWM Free Lights (AAA/AA The Tool Series).

its a nice thought, but, just speculation without evidence
Let me know when you buy an AA Tool, if it does not have PWM

Lumintop AAA Tools, and AAA Maratacs had PWM prior to Oct2015
The present AAA models do not use PWM, but the drivers are not all the same.
The present Maratac AAA driver is efficient and regulated on High, whereas the AAA Tools are NOT efficient and NOT regulated on high.

unfortunately
The AA Maratac (made by Lumintop), DOES use PWM
therefore
I have reasons to expect the AA Tool will have PWM. I hope Im wrong, so Im waiting for your report.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea when these will be available for sale? I really like the AAAs and hopefully the run time will be a little longer on these.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems available now

edit, coming soon, there is a sign up for email notification

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like it says Coming Soon and doesn't let me add it to the cart. I didn't see it at any other online retailers either.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
If someone makes a 2x AA body, what would the output levels likely be?
Somewhere in the neighborhood of: 300, 60, 8 lumens

Last edited:

Junmangs

Newly Enlightened
Re: Say hello to Lumintop Tool AA! Can we use imr14500 on this?

Now we want the Titanium & the Copper Versions of AAA Tool in AA Flavor!
And please make sure to do 4 things Correctly this time:-

1. Better Conductivity for the Ti version and maybe this time no batteries inside the E switch.

2. Square threads (Very important).

3. Nichia 219b Option.

4. Better Run times.

5. PWM Free please.

Can we use imr14500 on this?

bigm

Newly Enlightened
Bad photoshop or not, that's pretty much how my emitter looked. Like Woods Walker said, it's not a big issue in the field. It really did throw off the hotspot and the rest of the beam. The pwm is way more annoying, in my opinion. I sent them a note about the centering, and they promptly sent out a replacement. The replacement is a lot better, but still not perfect. I took it apart, and the mcpcb is glued and screwed off center. There is a centering ring around the led. I'll have to heat it up and see if I can recenter it better. I was impressed that Lumintop sent a replacement light, to my door in three days! I'm thinking of turning one into a uv light..figure if I have to center something, might as well try something different. The mcpcb is 14mm, by the way. File the lip off the pill, and 16mm mcpcb filed down to 15 would work nicely I'm thinking. Looks like a 15mm driver should fit snug in the back of the pill. Sorry for bringing up such an old post, but thought this info might be helpful, without starting a new thread.

markr6

Flashaholic
Now that the Tool AA 2.0 is out, I really wish they would add a neutral white option or even Nichia high CRI. Regardless, I may settle for cool white. Looks like a winner especially for the price.

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened
Now that the Tool AA 2.0 is out, I really wish they would add a neutral white option or even Nichia high CRI. Regardless, I may settle for cool white. Looks like a winner especially for the price.

I just received mine (2.0 updated version), its definitely brighter than the previous version however the tint is not as nice. It has a greenish color when compared to my older version. This one gets really hot as well, but that's expected.

markr6

Flashaholic
I just received mine (2.0 updated version), its definitely brighter than the previous version however the tint is not as nice. It has a greenish color when compared to my older version. This one gets really hot as well, but that's expected.

Mine is coming tomorrow. I'll let you know how the tint is, but I'm not expecting much at all.

Wow, those went quick on Amazon! Unavailable, but restocking next week.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Got it the v2.0. This one HURTS BAD since I think the light deserves a 6 out of 5 in most aspects! But the UI, worthless garbage.

The tint is, of course, is cool white so I didn't expect much. But at least it's uniform and not excessively green (little less green than the photo below). Just the usual drab CW. Fine for a "backup" or emergency light that doesn't seem much use.

The little diffuser cap is a nice idea, but all it does is blind you. I never understood these at all in general. Quality, feel, mode spacing, everything here is A+. But again, that UI with the sorta-memory...plain useless.

Nichia_XPLHD.jpg

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

My being a BIG Fan of the Lumintop AAA Tool (I own three of them) I decided to place an order today for TWO of the Lumintop "AA" models (which support not only AA but 14500's as well).

Seriously, I didn't even research too deeply into all the info regarding UI/Brightness/etc. I figure if the AA version of the Lumintop is anywhere near as good as the AAA Tool, it's a Win Win.

I mean, heck, less than eighteen dollars (per light) for a EDC light that supports 14500's, I figure I can't loose. I plan to keep one of the AA Tools in each of my most often driven Cars.

Oooh, I recently (mistakenly) left one of my AAA Tool Flashlights in the side pocket of my Cargo Pants and.....through the WASH it went! Guess what, no leaks, works FINE!

SixCats!