• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Seattle 2 New York City Road Trip March 13-22

lstmichel

Enlightened
OK new Plan

14th land and rest settle in Vegas
15th grand canyon while we are fresh
16th Hoover damn day out picnic sight see
17th and 18th is friday and saturday
. Both days perfect for shows and vegas activities
19th Go Home
20th FLAT BROKE

Suggestions?

New York will have to wait. A bit let down but I really want to spend as much valuable time as I have with her. Being behind the wheel most of it is not wise. Lets save it for another trip.

Personally - I think this is a much better plan - time driving - BLEH
A gift of your time to her and her time to you - priceless

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude--Too bad My wife and I aren't in Vegas--We both get free rooms at the Wynn------------------NIIIIICCCCCEEEE

EDness

Newly Enlightened
Here what my wife and I did back in August. Great trip!

Flew to Phoenix and drove to Sedona/Flagstaff -> Canyon de Chelly -> Monument Valley -> Grand Canyon -> Hoover Dam -> Vegas

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make a call to your host at the Wynn see if you can work something out for Vinh....

I've tried for my daughter before--No Go---- They want us to sign in---I guess I haven't lost enough there

He should be able to get descent rates Tues Wed Thurs --that weekend is gonna kill him

firsttothescene

Enlightened
You will not regret the Grand Canyon:) I'd also try to hit Sedona as well. (90 mins south of the south entrance to the Grand Canyon). The Hyatt piñon point hotel there is spectacular, with roof top pools and fire pits overlooking the red rocks.... Jaw dropping!

gritzo

Newly Enlightened

Dude,for you to post pictures like this , you are definitely in love.
icon10.gif
My buddies would razz me for a month!!!

..but i don`t blame you ..I think i`m jealous
icon14.gif

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been to the Grand Canyon, the North Rim. I'm assuming your going to the South Rim as it's more accessible and less travel. Regardless just know that hiking into the canyon can take all day depending how far down you go and if you want to go all the way down to the river it's an overnight trip. You have some options there but advanced planning is really required unless your just looking to walk the rim. Hoover Dam is nice but 1/2 day is more then sufficient for that (imo). Vegas is fun, like a big 42 Street ($$$ here is where you'll spend$$$). If your new plans are basically the GC and Vegas you'll have plenty of time with the days you have. Too bad you can't squeeze in another National Park from the region like Bryce or Zion (if you like the outdoors that is), both beautiful and impressive, although your adding multi hour trips to get from one to another. I particularly liked Zion, thought it was amazing.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
OK new Plan

19th Go Home
20th FLAT BROKE

Suggestions?

New York will have to wait. A bit let down but I really want to spend as much valuable time as I have with her. Being behind the wheel most of it is not wise. Lets save it for another trip.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK new Plan14th land and rest settle in Vegas15th grand canyon while we are fresh16th Hoover damn day out picnic sight see17th and 18th is friday and saturday. Both days perfect for shows and vegas activities19th Go Home20th FLAT BROKESuggestions?New York will have to wait. A bit let down but I really want to spend as much valuable time as I have with her. Being behind the wheel most of it is not wise. Lets save it for another trip.
This is a much better schedule, something I forgot to mention, is on a transcontinental drive, with all the pressure of trying to get where you are going, and the never ending road, you get into fights with whoever you are traveling with, it just happens, no matter who it is with you. No joke. Slower day trips like driving 200 miles a day are fun. A better New York trip is to fly to Boston, then drive down to New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC, and fly back home. On the trip down the east coast, to save on parking forget a rental car, and use Amtrak..

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK new Plan

19th Go Home
20th FLAT BROKE

Suggestions?

I have to disagree with your 20th flat broke. You will not broke unless you gamble big time.. but anyway.. i hope you both enjoys the trip and have a good time..

ven

Flashaholic
Great stuff!!! you both make a real nice couple , i hope for happiness together .....................mini vinhs around the corner:p

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
As it turns out it may be for the better, as far as going to Vegas, in one of my posts I mentioned a mid to late March snowstorm, and there is now one in place for next week, you would have driven right into it.

March always has weird weather in the Mid West and East.

Hope you have fun in Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon will not fail to leave you with memories of a lifetime.

What at you have planned out is really a nice little trip