SF M6 questions

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
To all, I confused my MN's. I *am* using the MN15 after a second look. Dang, I can't get my KL's, L's and MN's correct. Sorry for my confusion. Must be old age, kids, or both :thinking:

js, my apologies. Didn't mean to snap back.

Al thanks for clarifying. Surefire needs to make a cheat sheet. This is not the first time I confused their products.

Last edited:

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not hard to do.

I wish they would color code each product line the same way, then you would easily pick out which is which.

There is writing on my LA's but it is small and you have to look!!

The MN15 is a very nice LA, and I like both it and the MN16 a lot.

Bill

Size15's

Flashaholic
My understand is that SureFire changed from colour-coded Lamp Assemblies to ones with the model laser etched onto them because of the confusion over what the various colours signified. Additionally SureFire increased the number of Lamp Assemblies and ran out of colours.

I sometimes found it difficult to recall which was which without looking at the filaments.

Also, the MN20 and MN16 were both 'purple' which didn't help matters!

Al

Luminosus

Newly Enlightened
Size15's, do you have a picture of the M6 with the KL6 attached? I've heard people talk about this and I just wondered why no one uses it. Also, have you or anybody else had an MB20 fail? For some reason the search won't let me search for MB20, M6, or M3T anymore (I used to be able to). It says they are too short. I think if I can't afford an M6 this summer (I reall hope I can) I will end up with an M3T.

Size15's

Flashaholic
You could put "SureFire M6" into the search...

I don't use the M6+KL6 because I consider it a poor use of the M6 body. To my mind such a power-pack should be powering the MN20 or MN21 lamps!

I've not heard of an MB20 "fail". It's designed to prevent reverse charging and keep the batteries apart to prevent them from getting too hot.

BlackHawk make a pouch for the M6. It's called the M6 pouch. See photo in my post above!

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not as bad as I thougth it would look. I may have to pick up a KL6.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Here's an unusual adaptation of a KL6 head on an M6 body.....

1023red4qz.jpg

Luminosus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Size15's and Lunarmodule.

Lunarmodule, that is a very interesting combo. Are those your lights? If so, where did you get the body for the M3T and the crenallated bezel extension (I can't remember what its called)?

Polar

Newly Enlightened
What is the runtime on the KL6 with 6 batts? Is it brighter than a regular L6?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The strange body is the SureFire L6 Porcupine (limited edition - very hard to get hold of)

The M3, M3T, M4 & M6 come with either scalloped bezels or crenelated bezels.
To order a crenelated bezel version specify "-CB" for example: M3T-CB.

That is a cool combination - I admit that I put a crenelated TurboHead on the L6 Porcupine I have but I didn't get round to putting the KL6 Porcupine bezel on an M6 - Nice one!

As for runtime for the M6+KL6 - a runtime chart has been done. I was under the impression (from memory) it was either just over or just under twice the runtime of the L6.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The L6 Porcupine is the combination of 'that strange body' and the KL6 with the Stainless Steel "Porcupine" crenelated bezel ring.

CLHC

Flashaholic
That "Porcupine" is sure some serious lighting tool. I had a chance to "try" one out for a night. Not for me, but interesting to have. Goes hand in hand with that Z-M Weapon Spike 1911 .45ACP. If someone is looking for these, well, as Al said, they're VERY hard to come by. And at roughly 600.00+ dollars! ! !

—Enjoy!