She sells C-cells by the Surefire...

Would you like to see more LONGER lasting C-cell flashlights?

• Yes, I'd love to see my favorite AA/CR123 in C cell form.

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No, Lithium AA and CR123 are the future.

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • I'm considering the possibilities. Makes sense.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Unsure(fire) / Undecided.

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

tron3

Banned
diggdug13 said:
IF,
You beat me to the punch... sorry but you've started wayyyyyyy tooooooooooo many polls tron

True, I admit. Some were probably best left undone, but that is in the past. You don't see the moderators locking my recent polls, though. You know why? They are valid and useful information. That's why so many people vote on my polls.

Besides, I have been cutting back. But if you don't like my polls you normally have 1 or 2 options.

1. Don't vote.
2. Vote the "get me" option. :nana:

Action

Enlightened
The huge downside to C or D cells vs 123 is the discharge issue. I like the lithium discharge and low temp capabilities (I can leave the light in the glovebox for a long time and expect it to work just fine in the coldest of weather). A 123 light is small, smaller than a C light and therefore is both portable and often pocketable. A small 123 light can be pretty bright as well, something a bit more difficult for a 'small' C light.

If I want longevity, regular use, and bright light, IMHO LI 18650's are the way to go. Smaller than C with low discharge and good low temp characteristics.

tron3

Banned
Action said:
The huge downside to C or D cells vs 123 is the discharge issue. I like the lithium discharge and low temp capabilities (I can leave the light in the glovebox for a long time and expect it to work just fine in the coldest of weather). A 123 light is small, smaller than a C light and therefore is both portable and often pocketable. A small 123 light can be pretty bright as well, something a bit more difficult for a 'small' C light.

If I want longevity, regular use, and bright light, IMHO LI 18650's are the way to go. Smaller than C with low discharge and good low temp characteristics.

All valid points, but look at the output Fenix gets on the L2P model, and it's only a 1w light! Stands to reason a 2 C-cell version is larger, but still notable smaller than a 2 D-cell light. Sometimes you want to think long term.