Enlightened
Fenix T1 belonging to a friend:
he told me it would often drop out of his pocket while riding the bike:oops:

10735908.jpg

70204730.jpg

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool to see a Fenix T series light on here! :thumbsup:

Actually, it's cool to see any Fenix on here. There just HAS to be more well used Fenix lights out there...let's see 'em! :poke:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Fenix T1 belonging to a friend:
he told me it would often drop out of his pocket while riding the bike:oops:

I could understand if it happened one or twice. Perhaps even three times. But your friend never realized he needed to get a belt holster for his light?

Helmut.G

Enlightened
I could understand if it happened one or twice. Perhaps even three times. But your friend never realized he needed to get a belt holster for his light?
since he's not a real flashaholic nor needs the light for work I'd doubt he would walk around with a holstered flashlight:duh2:

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Here's my edc for work, got it since around november last year i think. It's an mte p7 from dx...so no original ;)

dsc_001004su.jpg

dsc_0012w3co.jpg

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here's the first ever beater update...

Here's my trusty ROV 2AA 3W Highbeam about a year since I first posted photos of it's battle scars earlier in this thread (click thumbnails to see higher res pics)...

And the other side...

Been through hell, still works great! :thumbsup:

And here's some pics of a couple of my other users...

The pics don't do any of them justice...they all look more beat up in real life. :eek:

And yes, the L0D Q4 has been modded with a Mag Solitaire lanyard! :naughty:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my first 'real' LED flashlight, first rear clicky too... heck you could call it my first 'tacticool' light while we're at it! :grin2:

img0561j.jpg

Been knocked around plenty in the 3 years I've had it, dropped, kicked & loaned out but still working flawlessly with decent throw (for a 1w Luxeon light), it's ruggedness & reliability is why I nominated this light in the "lights you trust thread" :thumbsup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nice Dorcy MetalGear.

Just wish the design wasn't the dreaded 3xAAA set-up.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
used_6p.sized.jpg

It's been a rough month. Anyone know where I can get replacement switch boots that fit?

I could understand just replacing the boot, under most circumstances. But in your case, you might want to consider just going ahead and replacing the whole tailcap... and body... and bezel. lovecpf

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I could understand just replacing the boot, under most circumstances. But in your case, you might want to consider just going ahead and replacing the whole tailcap... and body... and bezel. lovecpf

Hehe.. of course I could consider it, but the beauty of Surefire is that I don't have to. :rock:

Vesper

Enlightened
My Maglight Story

This light was my first maglight - from about 20 years ago. Once upon a time it went with me backpacking in Olympic Nat Park to an area called Home Sweet Home. The night I stayed in this valley I dropped it and couldn't find it for anything (in retrospect, camo isn't the easiest thing to spot on the green scrubby ground). Two years later my buddy and I went back through the same mountain valley and for fun made a point to go spend the night in the same place and look for it. After 15 minutes of searching, lo and behold, there it was mostly buried in the mud. The thing had been baked by the summer sun, ravaged by spring thaw and frozen solid by the winter snow pack. Picked it up, chipped off the mud and was using it that night with the same set of AA's that were in it (Energizers btw).

Maglights have been surpassed technologically, but there's a good reason there's one in almost every house. That's it and thanks - been wanting to tell this story for a while... :)

DSC06853.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That was a wonderful true story. Not to take anything away from it, but I believe the main reason why nearly every household in America has one, is because most ordinary folks have no clue what else is out there.

Last edited:

Latest posts