Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say I have not looked a solarforce before now but! it looks like they do some cool lights I'm impressed,is there a place that has a wide selection to offer?:twothumbs

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is not.
Solarforce is a growing company and they are trying new things. If there is interest in this light they will probably change the design

I hope one of the new things they're trying is not price. At $50 - $60 for T4, it had better be worth it. If it's just another 1xCR123 with R2 (with too many modes), I might as well stick to two L2Ms. :shrug: My 2¢

jake25

Enlightened
I hope one of the new things they're trying is not price. At $50 - $60 for T4, it had better be worth it. If it's just another 1xCR123 with R2 (with too many modes), I might as well stick to two L2Ms. :shrug: My 2¢
But aren't most 1xCR123 HA lights in the $50-$60 range? Fenix P2D? Eagletac P10C/T10C, Dereelight C2H, Olight T10 etc and they are not compatible or come with a 2xAA body, which is nice if you're stuck in the boondocks in a small down that doesn't have CR123s for example.

The Romisen RC-N3 is the other choice but it is not HAIII (to my knowledge). I think we need to cut Solarforce some slack heh.

Not to mention that the T4 can work as a head lamp which no other light I know of works like that. I think that it's a new/different idea that Solarforce is trying out

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
on a different note...

SLF needs to come up with a 2 inch LED turbohead, with a removable pill/module...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
But aren't most 1xCR123 HA lights in the $50-$60 range? Fenix P2D? Eagletac P10C/T10C, Dereelight C2H, Olight T10 etc and they are not compatible or come with a 2xAA body, which is nice if you're stuck in the boondocks in a small down that doesn't have CR123s for example.

The Romisen RC-N3 is the other choice but it is not HAIII (to my knowledge). I think we need to cut Solarforce some slack heh.

Not to mention that the T4 can work as a head lamp which no other light I know of works like that. I think that it's a new/different idea that Solarforce is trying out

Oh yes, it's $50-$60 T4 together with the 2xAA body, then I say it's has an edge over the lights you've mentioned. If it's $50-$60 for just the T4 alone, then a shootout will determine if it's worth the spending. :) Like I said, just my 2¢.

FWIW I do think the new body looks great. :thumbsup: and I do applaud their effort, don't get me wrong. I, for one, am for Solarforce or I wouldn't have started this thread. :)

Ok! back to showing your Solarforce please :D

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes, it's $50-$60 T4 together with the 2xAA body, then I say it's has an edge over the lights you've mentioned. If it's $50-$60 for just the T4 alone, then a shootout will determine if it's worth the spending. :) Like I said, just my 2¢.

well when the L2s got in the market they were more than 40 bucks...Now the price has droped and you can get an L2+L2M combo with 30 bucks...

gsxrac

Enlightened
Id really like to show MY Solarforce but im still waiting on it from the solarforcestore :whistle: I did however get the drop-in that will be housed in my L2M if it ever arrives. And I should have my new AW's and spacers in the mail tomorrow. Now if I could only get the light itself id be set! :shrug:

Norm

Retired Administrator
4 Modes = No strobe No SOS

Low - Med - Hi - Super Lo

I like my Lo a little higher , 20 to 30 Lumen , but Id like to see super Lo 5 Lumen ...
Super low should be 1 lumen or less, 5 lumens is way too bright when veiwed with dark adapted eyes. I use about .6 lumens for nocturnal activities around the house.
Norm

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Super low should be 1 lumen or less, 5 lumens is way too bright when veiwed with dark adapted eyes. I use about .6 lumens for nocturnal activities around the house.
Norm

Cant please everyone ...

Maybe 3 mode with one mode being Variable .... ? Or all 3 modes being variable ...

Id pay $10 USD more for a flashlight where I could set the levels ... :hitit:
IN fact I think DX sells a P60 drop in with such a feature ...

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
So am I. Shipped 04-03-2009...
My first one shipped March 28th and I received it on April 6th (9 days).

But I am in Canada and stuff from Hong Kong usually gets here pretty quick.

The grey one I ordered shipped on April 13th. I am guessing I should have it the middle of next week.

radu1976

Enlightened
Haha...that's funny , this 'Show your Solarforce' transformed into a 'Solarforce T4' thread :)

I would pay those 55$ for a T4 with the condition that this light to have a NICE REGULATION.
Otherwise , despite its very nice design , the HA anodizing doesn't justify the price in my opinion.
Maybe ROMISEN RC-N3 Q5 doesn't such a nice appealing design and it doesn't feature a TYPE III anodization but it's smaller, it has an excellent throw for its size plus sweet forward clickie.

bestcounsel

Enlightened
You know, i have been becoming more intersted in solar force. Mostly the body and heads. As far as electronics/tailcaps, i only trust surefire.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, i have been becoming more intersted in solar force. Mostly the body and heads. As far as electronics/tailcaps, i only trust surefire.

No knock on Surefire, but the reality is that their clicky tailcaps can fail with the best and worst of them. I know that from personal experience with a couple of my Surefire tailcaps. As for electronics, the Surefire P60L has negligible to no heatsinking and that is why the Seoul P4 emitter in it only has 80 lumens output. Of course that was done for reliability, but you still have to wonder how reliable can it be with negligible heatsinking. The aftermarket P60LED dropins, including Solarforce's own have been generally very reliable with mostly the generic DX/KD ones being the most problem prone.

Now back on topic...

Solarforce L2 Lantern Head

DSCN0646.jpg

I still want to try that Solarforce Lantern Head. I think it's something that I have to see for myself. I read somewhere that a ceiling bounce works just as good. Would you agree?

Regarding that T4, it does look good but yes that price is kind of hard to swallow off the bat. I don't really see much improvement over the L2's that I've been getting for 30. At 55 bucks, I would hope that it can turn water into wine.

Regarding the person who spoke of 3 reasonable modes, I agree. The Lumapower Connexion has the right idea, but if you did it in a Solarforce Style light, it would sell like hot cakes.

The only thing that doesn't make the L2 a perfect light to me is the fact that it has Strobe/SOS and that the levels are not spaced far enough apart. If there was a drop in with just Low/Mid/High... with the low being somewhere between 5 and 10 lumens and the mid being somewhere around 40 to 50 lumens... I think I'd buy 4 of them.

WOW... can you say "another Surefire clone" which will probably really kick butt!

I'm really looking forward to knowing more about this light!

They also need to make that T4 in GRAY. I wish more companies would go with the Gray/Gunmetal/Pewter colors and less black. Why does everyone think black is the leader?

Gray/Gunmetal/Pewter just looks GREAT like something out of Halo or The Terminator.

Flashlight companies are you listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.