Sinful Snacks

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crawfish and Shrimp Etoufee. The dark recipe cooked with a black roux, garlic, onion, bell pepper, crushed red pepper (no paprika) and celery, served over dirty rice. A hot cup of this with a couple of big sesame crackers is great late night snack.

Dark Chocolate yes. Single origin, single plantation 76% to 80% cocoa. One little square will take over all the taste buds. You will be the chocolate.

Raspberry flambés. Very easy. In a pan heat butter and confectioner's sugar (grainier than powdered, dustier than granulated) until it begins to caramelize. Dump the raspberries in and mix with a spoon. After this gets hot again splash an ounce and a half of good rum on it and ignite. Poor this over awaiting vessels of vanilla bean ice cream. The rum burns off in a multi-colored display of flames. The raspberries will be a screaming red color and retain their tart and powerful flavor. The ice-cream smoothes out the concoction resulting in a wonderful experience for the palate.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saltines and margerine, Ritz Crackers and margerine....mmmm mm, I sometimes get full on these alone.

Also, sometimes late at night I'll fry up some bacon and then sprinkle raw sugar on it. I really like to do this with beef bacon. Sometimes, I'll crave peanut butter right out of the jar.

Tonights sinful snack was this:
Icecream002.jpg

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am mad, they closed down the taco bell near me. I love the Nacho Bell Grande Supreme with steak and 7 extra orders of steak on top of that, two extra orders of sour cream, extra cheese, no onions, and no potted meat. Calories, over 1500 I assume. I gotta find a TB near me and snap a picture of this heart attack in a styrafoam tray, lol.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Takoyaki with Squid
Daim Tart from IKEA + their coffee ( which IMO is better than Starbucks)
Crepe with Nutella, bananas, strawberry, and vanilla ice cream.
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
Cottage Cheese with Fresh sweet blueberries (night snack for protein)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman, that might not be "as bad" as you might think. I get one, not quite like it but similar at work. It has much less calories (300 or so I think) and fat then say the cookie ice cream sandwiches. Really not too much worse then eating a bag of M&Ms.

[ QUOTE ]
Trashman said:
Tonights sinful snack was this:
Icecream002.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, a few years and 40 lbs more ago, I used to buy the "Pizzeria Uno" Pizzas at the supermarket. I don't know if this was a localized item or not. It's a deep dish style that is really loaded with cheese. They had a real small one and then the next size up that I usually bought that I could chow down at one sitting. When I decided to get more conscious about my food intake, I looked at the nutrition info and realized that single pizza had more then 100 grams of fat.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
I used to make steamed sugar sandwiches as a kid. Sprinkle sugar all over a piece of white and then put it in a steamer tray in a boiling pot. Yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]
My father used to make mustard sandwiches, which were basically just two slices of bread with a lot of mustard in between. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif If he was still making them, I would try to sneak hot mustard into the jar of regular mustard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

For me something like a BLT or a family size bag of Doritos is about as sinful as I get. I'm not sure if Dim Sum and regular Chinese take out count as sinful. I know they certainly have the calories and in some cases the MSG, but they usually have some veggies thrown in too to balance out the bad stuff. In any case, that's one indulgence I'm not giving up any time soon. I just wish there was a Dim Sum place closer than the 3 miles away in downtown Flushing.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Take thin-slice deli hard salami, lay it out in layers on paper towels, and once you have a big stack, put it in the microwave for a minute or two.

They'll fry up, and the grease will soak away into the paper towels, leaving you with salami chips. I've done the same with pepperoni too.

Since so much grease wicks away into the paper towels, it's probably actually better for you then regular salami. OTOH, the salt… And the thinner lighter chips means you eat way more salami than you'd be able to stomach if you put it on crackers or a sandwich.

The other "chip" is made by throwing processed "cheese" singles onto a hot non-stick frying pan, then scraping them off when just browned and cooked enough to no longer be melted, and a bit crispy, but before they burn. Preferably, on a pan that has just been used to cook some hamburgers or brown some ground beef.

danielo_d

Enlightened
My wife's been hounding me to watch my food intake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif Then I come across this thread.
Thanks guys!

I'll watch all this good stuff go into my mouth, with a big smile on my face.

"Hey, Honey, you said to watch what I eat. I didn't take my eyes off of it!!!"
hungry.gif

Danno

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooo, somebody mentioned Nutella... if you've never tried this stuff you need to go to your local grocery store right now and get some. After you taste it you may wish you had gotten a bigger jar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it's usually next to the peanut butter and is mostly available everywhere now. But I remember the first time I tasted it... put it on toast, put it on grahm crackers, eat it with a spoon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tonight I made one of my favorite things. Not terribly sinful, but yummy! Just a toasted everything bagel with a scrambled egg, browned thin sliced ham and a slice of cheese. SO good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is this going to turn into another recipe thread? thats OK by me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man,

I gained 5 pounds just reading this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wilkey

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
There are so many goooooood snacks.

Chocolate covered bing cherries. By the pound. Almost half of them make it all the way home.

Chocolate covered cherry cordials. 12 or 16 to the box. The box almost never makes it home.

Real good ice cream (try Bud's of San Francisco sometime) with anything on top.....

Now I'm hungry too.

Daniel
(I'm not really allowed to eat more than a smidgeon of any of this according to the doctor)

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I've been trying to stop eating tons of dessert for lunch and dinner. But i just got back from buying over a pound of random candy!
I'm going to be sick for the next couple days. (or have lots of cavities)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
My favorite "fake" sinful treat these days is frozen yogurt. Instead of shooting a diet to hell it'll only send it to purgatory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My now somewhat tempered sweet tooth was on the loose with reckless abandon as a kid. I have eaten Betty Crocker ready to spread frosting straight from the can.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
My now somewhat tempered sweet tooth was on the loose with reckless abandon as a kid. I have eaten Betty Crocker ready to spread frosting straight from the can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guilty also! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif