Sinful Snacks

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Wasabe covered cashews! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

For real heartstopping goodness, my wife's scruncheons. (it's a dish - google it, so keep the minds out of the gutter)

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
I have eaten Betty Crocker ready to spread frosting straight from the can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh! My mother decorates cakes (and teaches how to) on the side -- so I have a limitless supply of real butter creme frosting on the bottom shelf of the fridge. That said, I could never eat more than a teaspoon of it straight, especially knowing what goes into it! (Can you say 90% crisco, 10% sugar?)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks, I'm allergic.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh I can eat it on cake, but straight the only thought in my mind is "I'm consuming how many calories for this?" Just not worth it...

AESOP

Newly Enlightened
Wasabe

What part of Newfoundland is your wife from?
I have never tried it myself, just heard about the heart attack on a plate.

Michael

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brown sugar straight from the bag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
Especially the crunchier clumps as they just melt in your mouth as they disintegrate in a most delicious way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
Ooo, somebody mentioned Nutella... if you've never tried this stuff you need to go to your local grocery store right now and get some. After you taste it you may wish you had gotten a bigger jar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it's usually next to the peanut butter and is mostly available everywhere now. But I remember the first time I tasted it... put it on toast, put it on grahm crackers, eat it with a spoon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOO! Stop giving me ideas!! You've just reminded me of how much I love that stuff...

Surprisingly though, I can't think of very much sinful stuff that I eat, in comparison with you folks and the mouthwatering stuff you come up with. I love cheese though. All kinds and forms.

On the other hand, the sinful stuff I DRINK, ahh..

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, since I am a food-guy, you asked for it:

Poutine is a French Canadian dish (calories and fat have been surgically removed for your dining pleasure. RRrrriiiggghhtt!). I have also seen it served with ground beef, pepperoni, and other goodies.

Poutine

Godiva White Chocolate Raspberry or Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream

Godiva Ice Cream

Edy's Whole Fruit Bars (I apologize for these -- they could be construed in some way as to be almost good for you. Hey, it's hot out and these are good. Sorry.).

Edy's Whole Fruit Bars

There's a place on Park Avenue in Rochester, NY that has great homemade candy. The vanilla creams are killer-b!

Stever's Candy

Now, I gotta order Kinky Friedman's coffee to help support his run for the governor of Texas and to get an "I Get Kinky Every Morning" t-shirt and coffee cup.

KinkysCoffee

Hmmm, does Lagavulin count in this thread?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm, if drinks are on the list then I have to add both Godiva White Chocolate Liquor and of course everyone should have a bottle of Bailies in the fridge for a glass of chocolate cream goodness in the middle of the night... A spoonfull of it over vanilla ice cream is amazingly good too.

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks, I'm allergic.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif so am I. I only found out recently that I'm allergic to most nuts.

AESOP, my wife's from the Burin Peninsula, on the Placentia Bay side.

Scruncheons are definitely not for the health-conscious, pork fat at its best and worst at the same time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Really? I didn't used to be allergic to cashews or other tree nuts, but seem to have developed an allergy to then just within the past year or 2. Wonder how common that is?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
wasabe64 said:
Scruncheons are definitely for the health-conscious, pork fat at its best and worst at the same time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are those the deep fried pork lard cubes? They are added to a local noodle dish with minced meat, mushrooms, chinese vinegar and meatballs. I LOVE the pork cubes, though I don't eat them on their own though. I know some folks will fish them out of the noodles and put them aside. HEY! THAT'S THE BEST PART!!

Drinks.. anything that the local microbrewery comes up with. They've never been wrong. Not once. Best fries on earth, too. Best pretzel I've ever eaten. Best potato skins with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits and chives. God I wish I could cook like that. And when you add their homemade ketchup.. it makes Heinz look like a bunch of amateurs at the stuff.

Bailey's Irish Cream totally owns me too, but I can usually be found behind a Jim Beam and coke. JB Black - REAL American bourbon.

JanCPF

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
Two words: <font color="brown"> Dark Chocolate. </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Dark Chocolate is not sinful - *NOT SINFUL* you hear! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree. It's wonderful. Just let it melt on yor tongue, and you're in heaven.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
So last night I'm working on the computer laying in bed and my wife has already fallen asleep, but i read through this thread and get hungry and sneak out to the kitchen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A few crackers, a handful of cheese on each, a nice slice of pepperoni and a few moments in the microwave and I'm happy again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Had to brush my teeth again though...

And I didn't get caught!

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
My favorite "fake" sinful treat these days is frozen yogurt. Instead of shooting a diet to hell it'll only send it to purgatory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the frozen yogurt, too. I mix in 2 heaping tablespoons of oat bran into each serving. It absorbs some of the fat that would normally be digested without it. As the oat bran transits the intestines it also stops some of the cholesterol that your liver has removed from your blood from being re-absorbed right away when it hits your intestine.

It also improves the texture of the frozen yogert, IMO.

danielo_d

Enlightened
This is the Healthy Food Police....
We are monitoring this thread.

angry4.gif

You will have to relinquish all sinful foods and send them to an as yet unspecified address.

[Hmmm where can I get a P.O. Box like real fast? Oh did I say that out load?]

hairysmile2.gif

Keep 'em coming!!!

Danno

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
My wife's family has a recipe for "Duck Butter". It's just incredibly fattening chip dip, I have no idea where the Duck comes into it. There's lots of different things called "Duck Butter" a hot sauce from Texas, a peanut butter confection, or actual Duck fat used as a step in some cooking.

However, one of them is a regional southern vulgarism for a bodily fluid that does not come from women, apparently. So I wonder if the relative who named it was playing a prank on the rest of the family, or was unwittingly passing along a prank from someone else..

"Duck Butter"
One medium tub of Sour Cream.
1/4 cup of milk.
One brick of Cream Cheese.
1/2 Tsp. salt.
1/4 cup of minced Onion flakes.

Mash/stir until even consistency. Let it sit in the fridge overnight or at least the minced onion flakes hydrate/reconstitute. To serve more quickly, put the onion flakes in the milk first before mixing in to rehydrate them faster.

Serve cold with strong/ripple dipping chips as it's rather thick.

If you survive the nearly 110% USRDA of your daily allowance for fat, in about 2-4 hours the minced onion will start giving everyone the winds something fierce. For that reason it's best served in warm weather, so your guests can consume it out of doors, and drive home with the windows down.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh no,

If food is a sin I am one of the most evil people on earth.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JanCPF said:
Dark Chocolate is not sinful - *NOT SINFUL* you hear! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it IS supposed to contain some healthy flavanoids or sump'n like that, more so than regular milk chocolate. I forget the exact ingredient but it's supposed to be unique to the dark variety.

Sure is dreamy whatever it contains! Mmmmmm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif