Skunkworks - are you optimizing the kroll tailcap switch?

yclo

Flashaholic*
yellowlaugh.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i can see it just fine.

would it be possible to trim some of the top off to make it fit?

Kercheval

Newly Enlightened
Dollars to doughnuts that Arc is trying for a low profile switch. This means that it may be too low in the McLux switch guard.

That is assuming you can get the Arc switch (which does not exist yet) without buying a $100+ Arc LS.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Low profile switch will work fine--you'll just have to stick your finger in a bit more.

Kercheval

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Saaby:
Low profile switch will work fine--you'll just have to stick your finger in a bit more.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
tongue.gif
Yep... sort of my point. The lower the profile, the harder to get to.

Saaby

Flashaholic
But if my stub fingers (Trust me, my fingers are smaller than yours) can reach the bottom of the switch guard fine so can yours...

Kercheval

Newly Enlightened
You have quite a bit of experience with this light. Would a low profile switch (like the RAM or smaller) have difficulty in operation using the thumb? Or would you need to kind of poke at it?
smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ram should be ok with thumb. Heck, I'll try it when I get a free moment.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Guys,

I just checked the tail cap switch from my Mr. Bulk LGI and it is a 5/8"x24 thread wheras the Kroll and McLux and Arc and I think there's another *older* flashlight company who all use 5/8"x28. The thread pitches are NOT the same so you will be cross threading and likely find parts that have, as a friend used to state: "bound up and went doggo".

A better switch is easy to design. I have one sitting on my bench as we speak that is about 50% completed. No point in continuing unless some body or group of folks are willing to pony up the 15 to 40K required to pay for the tooling and initial run.

- Don