• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Zandar

Enlightened
Number 8 is here! I'm charging batteries now. Even without a battery on board it's a hefty light in your hand. First impression this light just screams quality!:naughty:

Bronco

Enlightened
No ship notice for me yet, but I've had packages from Vinh show up in the past before the notice even posted. Fingers crossed.

LOL. Totally called it. Vinh's the best.

No. 9 was waiting for me at the house after work yesterday. What a beauty. The anodizing is superb.

Sorry I can't share any of my unboxing pics. I hate that this site requires third party hosting of photos.

Last edited:

Bronco

Enlightened
Very nice man! Enjoy, mine shipped, expected delivery Halloween, just in time to take the kids trick or treating. :D

Excellent. Just wait till you get this thing loaded up and are holding it in your hand.

You'll be asking yourself how a solid bar of chromoly steel can somehow produce light. :D

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I've always wanted to go Alaska, just seems like an insane landscape.....

Now that my SLN is there, I really REALLY wanna go!

:hahaha: :mecry:

Bronco

Enlightened

Make a deal with the carrier to have them fly you to Alaska to pick it up in person. :D

Patriot

Flashaholic

It's Tues! Hopefully it arrived today!

I've only been to Alaska once but it was an amazing experience. The hot, new light at the time was the Maelstrom S12 and I carried that thing in my Rush 12 day pack, everywhere, haha! Since I was there in late May, the days were very long and it wasn't even dark until after 11:00pm. Fortunately, I was in Vancouver BC for four nights before, so I got to use the S12 plenty while exploring the city at night on foot and skateboard. Back then, I never would have guessed that we'd be seeing a 10K lumen P60 or a 32K lumen pop can.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping it arrives today at some time. Tracking still says Alaska. Fingers crossed that Agent 011 has gone to deep cover to make it home.

12 LEDs in a P60 is friggen nuts! I feel like this should be bigger news in the flashlight world.

Zandar

Enlightened
My 12 led P60 is a work of art, even at 7000 lumens, out the front, it is still very bright.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Actually you are only seeing 6000L as you have a clicky not a twisty. Also 30T/40T is needed for the max output.

Zandar

Enlightened
Actually you are only seeing 6000L as you have a clicky not a twisty. Also 30T/40T is needed for the max output.

If your referring to me, I forgot this light comes with the initial clicky tail cap.

Your OTF emitter test shows number 8 performing at 7130 lumens at 30 seconds with whatever battery you chose to test the light with.

I'm using the Samsung 30 T and the light is very bright. Funny how you can change power levels just by twisting the clicky tail cap on and off!

Last edited:

CLB

Newly Enlightened
SLN #10 has arrived, and it is beautifully massive and massively beautiful. Machining, anodization, and assembly are all impeccable, and it was packaged as if it was a Faberge egg. The holster is also very nice, if very tight. The Duv of the SST 20 4000K emitters is a little above BBL on lower levels, as expected of the FB4 bin, but the gorgeous color rendering is more important to me. If you're not intent on having the maximum lumens or the maximum candela, I can recommend the triple SST 20 configuration for a super rugged utility light like the SLN.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Reflector P60vn will get thermal epoxy from pill to reflector for proper HS. Should have done this long ago but used inferior superglue instead.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Got mine tonite! What a satisfying light to hold. I love it. Very high quality, love the beefy threads. Biggest threads I think I've ever seen on a light.

I'll post some pics tomorrow if I get time. :D

#31/100 checking in. Vinh is mine 7075 or 6061? Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Got mine tonite! What a satisfying light to hold. I love it. Very high quality, love the beefy threads. Biggest threads I think I've ever seen on a light.

I'll post some pics tomorrow if I get time. :D

#31/100 checking in. Vinh is mine 7075 or 6061? Thanks!

Serial 001-060 = 7075