Slippery Pineapples

md17

Newly Enlightened
So, I did a paracord wrap on an Md3 and Md4 and it's awesome. I took the core out of the paracord, and made it super tight. I can still have a pocket clip go on top, which is a plus so it won't dig into the finish.

I followed these instructions, except the top knot towards the head of the light, I made a constrictor knot versus regular clove hitch. It took a long time to get it going, but after that it's all half hitches until the end, then A clove hitch, cut and burn ends.

IMG_5696.jpeg

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
I do miss the knurled bodies. My wish is to bring them back with deeper, sharper knurling.

(y)
I've always done better with grippier knurling on tools. The finely-toothed checkering that's typical on a whole range of tools just doesn't grab enough, at least for me. (Probably a skin dryness and tightness thing, but still.)

Of course, with a pocket-carried item I can see why a maker wouldn't make it to ridged or sharp-edged. But it comes at a cost.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Said it before elzetta has the best knurling and cuts on their bodies.
I remember SureFire knurling back in the day. Someone sawed through a Mini-Mag. with their E-series SF. Knurling on a SureFire used to be half a notch below "Cheese Grater." Then some men with dainty little hands started complaining. For some stupid reason, SureFire listened to them. So we ended up with the original E1B. Maybe those men should have put on some fancy, lace gloves before holding an SF light. Or, some thick little mittens on their adorable soft paws. Aww......

bykfixer

Flashaholic
One thing that has changed over time is the gloves worn by special ops and the leo community. They are grippier so handling a lighting tool no longer requires max grip knurling.

Some examples