Small thrower, preferably 18650 with minimum spill

Przemo(c)

Newly Enlightened
Ok. It's been a while and thanks for all your replies. I have bought the Acebeam W10 LEP and man, what an impressive light that is! I regret that I cannot send any beam shots, but anything you see in the internet looks as it is. It's really that tight spot and really that far throwing. I know, it's not the most versatile light in the world, but for the purpose I needed, walking the dog, spot search the perimeter it's unbelievably great for it's size. It's real pocket thrower. It's a child's dream came true after so many years! Each time I lit this light I can't believe that something so small can throw that far with a really tight beam! And the beam pattern, IMO, is perfectly balanced across the distance, so we don't get laser like tight, rather useless spot like in the laser pointers, which is impressive but not practical, but we get very well balanced circle of light illuminating just the right area. Not too much and not too tight. Perfect.
Once again let me stress - this is dedicated thrower. You can't even use it inside without covering the head with your hand that's how bright is it. If it reflects from the laminate floor or the white wall eyes almost hurt at night.
If you want very precise long throw which you can fit in your pocket - search no more. I won't be overelaborating of technical specs, as this is not a review, but only subjective opinion. I'm very demanding as for the lights and if it comes to the term "pocket thrower" this light is 10/10 for me.
I've got quite a few different lights which fulfill my requirements as for versality, usefulness, etc. All are perfectly fit for the purpose. W10 had one purpose - be a small and proper thrower and it done it just spot on.
There was one more factor. I really wanted to have laser flashlight since I read that the BMW implemented them in some of their cars. I have waited and and finally it's in my pocket! First of possible many laser lights collection! Who knows... Hallelujah!
All the best for you guys.
Stay safe!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
No lep is 2000 lumens, afaik. I'm pretty amazed with my blf gt micro, and it fits in your pocket. I would shamelessly plug the w30 I'm selling but the w10 is the pocket sized version.
The micro is a great light, but it is a single 14500 light, and just doesn't last that long on full power. Its bigger brother the GT Mini is a single 18650, and is only 40mm longer by 10mm wider. Micro: 105x40 Mini: 145mmx50mm. [sizes are accurate to a couple of mm. I haven't replaced my micrometer yet so was using a plain measuring tape]
Oh, and the Mini comes in your choice of warm or cool white. I prefer the warm version, but have both, because when I ordered one with the warm led, gearbest shipped me a cool white instead. I complained, and even included a photo of the case with a COOL sticker on it, but their response was basically "It works so what is the problem" I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and just ordered a warm white one as well.

GeeS11XaaR

Newly Enlightened
I have the GT Mini and Micro and they are great lights. Still waiting for 10amp AA for the Micro to make the turbo mode last linger/more useful. I love the LEP idea but think price is to much at moment, I would love one though as I love my throwers for dog walks.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the GT Mini and Micro and they are great lights. Still waiting for 10amp AA for the Micro to make the turbo mode last linger/more useful. I love the LEP idea but think price is to much at moment, I would love one though as I love my throwers for dog walks.
When you say 10amp AA do you mean a 14500? I use the Efest purple 14500s and they work just fine.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since long ago I consider only zooming lights for throw applications as long as I don't need a really powerful search light.

The most practical zoomie that I have used for outdoors is vinh's zrayVN

Bazar

Newly Enlightened

I have the lumintop GTmicro VN. With 120k candela, it is quite ridiculous. The GT mini VN has over 300k candela, and 1200 lumens, making it theow close to the W10 from acebeam with a spill for walking your dog without stepping in its messes.

The main Number One problem with HID spotlights as well as LEP lights is modulation for me. You have great throw, but that's it. You always have to run a super bright setting, even with a low beam it is usually half power. Some LEP lights have a 10% low but my Acebeam K75, Acebeam T21vn, and GT micro all have a 1% or less than 1% (the T21vn has a setting 1/4 of 1/7th of1 percent or 1/4 lumen from over 700 lumens) as their minimum.

The true penalty of always running high all the time is both in runtime, area usability, and temperature comfort. Until HID and LEP spotlights have more modulation, I have no interest in them.