So what are your other hobbies ?

LA OZ

Enlightened
Re: List your hobbies! Which other forums you spent alot of time in?

I have tried overclocking. I have found the 10-20% speed gain is not worth the instability. PC crashes sometime. It may or may not be related to overclock but it add to another layer of doubt and confusion. I keep ending up resetting to normal clock speed. I have heard that when you overclock, you need good RAM, power supply, and cooling towel. They are expensive. Why not just spent those money on a faster CPU and more RAM?

allthatwhichis

Enlightened

It's just like suupping up a car, you do it to say you can. Just like any other obesssion. :grin2: I also like to tell people I cool my computer with water. Makes em think. My best overclock I have going at the moment is a 2ghz at 3ghz, what is that 30, 50%. We run em through a few hoops to make sure they are stable. 3 or 4 3d applications and a 8+ hour test computing prime numbers. This ensures... well as much as it can, that you won't get any crashes. Any yes, you really should have good everything to overclock, just like cars.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

CPF - the most common forum for me
Sony TR World - about the Sony TR series computer
SaveOurState - rallying against criminal trespassing (illegal immigration)
MotoX - modding of Motorola cell phones
Howard Forums - cell phones and service providers

LA OZ

Enlightened

I can see a trend here and that is obvious. American enjoy their firearms. I have a liking for gun since childhood. I spent most of my money on toy guns :). There are too many restrictions in Australia. I just don't bother with it.

ridge rover

Newly Enlightened

http://www.survival.com/IVB/ Is the place for all your survival inquirys. Ron and Karen Hood have put together a series of videos that cover all the bases of survival from the primitive to modern urban survival. Ron writes for SWAT magazine and his credits in the field are many. I just gave Karen Hood a Fenix P1D CE in our own forum gift giving thingy. It was pricy for our event, but she's worth it as you can find out!

meuge

Enlightened
Other expensive hobbies

I was wondering, what are the other expensive hobbies that have plagued the CPF community.

Before flashlights, I had a number of other hobbies.

- computers
- high-end audio equipment (by far the most expensive of all of my hobbies)
- fountain pens
- knives
- hiking

... in chronological order of course.

Retinator

Enlightened
Re: Other expensive hobbies

1 word..........Spitzer :crackup:

But seriously, coin collecting is one. I've levelled out on it, mainly because I keep everything locked away and there's just too many coins I like, yet never look at them after I get them.

Fine pens I like, but I can't decide on a design, so I'm just teetering on that one now.

Anything done in extreme excess (hell even penny collecting) can get expensive. It's all relative.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Re: Other expensive hobbies

The flashlights are cheap . . . compared to:

RC aircraft - especially helicopters.

Guns.

:broke::broke::broke:

Latest posts