• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Forward Click Switch Dropins for Solarforce L2 and other flashlights....

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Forward Click Switch Dropins for Solarforce L2 and other flashlights....

thanks, glad to be of help...

Volt

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Forward Click Switch Dropins for Solarforce L2 and other flashlights....

:paypal:I have a couple of L2's and an L2P on order. I just noticed your note about the L2P needing a different case. I would like to install 1 of the 2 switches I ordered in the L2P when it arrives. Do I need additional parts?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

although answered by e-mail, here is an explanation for the rest of the foroum...

I am sorry for not being clear....I edited the phrase some time ago in a wrong syntax....

The Ultarfire 504B has a different one...(it has posts that mate on the origimal PCB)

The Solarforce L2P does not use the case in question....The mod can work with the spacers I am including, but as long as i have these cases I will send them out...(gryffin sorry I realized this peculiarity after your order)

this way it becomes an easy way to instal...

original phrase is now corrected...

PS....Sorry if i am a bit late in responing, you must account for the different time zone and thatI do not have an internet connection at home....

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

all items sold...

Volt

Newly Enlightened
I received my 2 switches today - packaging was top notch - very clever crush proof container, Kostas! I popped them into a couple of L2's I have and instant tactical switch - Cool!

It certainly couldn't be any easier to do - truly a "drop-in" replacement. Take the cap apart, swap switch modules and boots and put it back together - simple.

Kostas - I think you may be a little humble regarding your soldering skills - nothing wrong with that - an admirable trait but I think your solder joints are very good indeed. Thanks for a quality, well thought out kit!

:goodjob:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well that boosted my confidence with the soldering iron...(now that I managed it I maybe can move to teh sharpening stone)

Anyway...the conatiner is multiuse too...it si a wonderful P60 dropin case and the cap inside had a hole puched at the exact size to work as a spacer in the future...

enjoy your clickies all, thanks for your business....

Therrin

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to mention...

Earlier last night I accidentally cross-threaded the tailcap when putting it back on my L2p. :fail: It was seized up pretty hard. I had to wrap the tailcap and light-body in electrical tape and use pliarz to get them apart (trying to be gentle in the process).

Found out that the body threads were fine but the tailcap threads were boogered. I eventually brushed them out and ran a flathead screwdriver through them and they fixed up beautifully and it's now threading in nice and smooth and it all works fine.

What I wanted to say though;
While assessing the threads on my L2p body, I checked to see if my Coast 7736TS tailcap would thread onto the L2p body. And it does. Perfectly.
The Coast 7736TS tailcap is a forward clicky switch, and it mates up and works beautifully with the L2p host.

I haven't pulled apart the 7736TS's tailswitch yet to look at it; but you might consider at least that it works and that there may be some options there for what you're doing here. :)

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well thanks for the heads up....

The problem is acquiring the tailcaps is small quantities AND gross sale price...
Had a look at all that are sold seperatelly but I do not think the parent companies will sell even 50 at a reduced price...

for example, if we assume one bought them retai and then moded them, would you pay $20 for a complete tailcap?

Therrin

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure I understand. If you bought them comercially you wouldn't have to mod them, the Coast tailcaps are forward clicky.

As far as whether Coast would sell them in a run cheap enough to turn around and sell in singles, I dont know about them.

I had assumed they use specific parts to make it forward clicky, and that you might be able to find similar components for building up yours, that could possibly either work better (or not) or just be cheaper than what you're already using. Just passing it along as info. Not saying one or the other is better or cheaper. Purely FYI.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry for the first one, my bad....

regardng alternate part sourcing maybe, but still they have to be baught at a low price and small quantities....

thanks anyway for your help....