• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: McLux PR-T Head HA-Nat

AlphaTea

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sold.gif
McLux Turbo Head in HA-NAT using the Pelican Reflector. This head includes:
Custom Head
Bezel
Pelican reflector
One o-ring
Mineral Glass
EN Plated ECan
PM Emitter Board
Luxeon and Converter Board are not included
The supply of these has dried up.
This is my one and only.
It will fit all of the Aleph powerpacks and Surefire Executive series Lights. It will make a wonderful home for that Special Luxeon that you have been saving. You dont want to miss out on this!
I dont remember what I paid for this, but I think $50 sounds fair.

Price includes Shipping to US addresses and payment by non CC Paypal.
Outside of USA add $2
CC Paypal add $2

JKW

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: McLux PR-T Head HA-Nat

I have some interest in this but being a complete newbie, I have no idea of what additional components it would take to combine it with my e1e body and end up with a working light.
Any ideas?

knifebright

Enlightened

you would need either a badboy or nexgen or madmax converter. A lux3 (what i would use) and then all the components such as thermal adhesive, wire, and other such building stuffs.
jimmy

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Considering the on going questions...If JKW passes on this, I would like to pick it up. RPM

JKW

Newly Enlightened

I would like to give it a try, so I guess I will take it.
RPM, if I cant make a go of this(provided it is still available), I will look you up to see if you are still looking for one.

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good for you! Buying complete lights is great, but playing with the "insides" appears to be even more fun! I think it's just a matter of time when a guy has to take something apart. Have fun tinkering... I'd like to know how it turns out. Maybe you could post your results.

D-LIGHT

Newly Enlightened

Warm up the search funcion above. There are detailed instructions, including photographs, buried in the pages of CPF. There's nothing like putting power to your first handmade flashlight and getting "blinded by the light".
Good luck.

JKW

Newly Enlightened

Well I paid for it, now I gotta do the research. D-LIGHT, any search tips?

dbrad

Newly Enlightened

JKW- I'm in the same boat, having just purchased an Aleph without a LE also. You can, of course, buy them already made (check out the modders yellow pages section of the Custom & Mod B/S/T section). Then there's making it yourself. The parts are all available from the Sandwich Shoppe, but there are often a wider variety of Lux III or V emitters for sale also in Custom & Mod B/S/T. The best instructions set I've found is here:
http://workbook.novarese.net/index.php?p=4 But the biggest issue for me is making a good decision on the converter and emitter with a limited knowledge of electronics. There is considerable help with this and what parts are available in the Aleph FAQ thread in the McGizmo forum. I hope this helps.

AlphaTea

Enlightened

Uh, you guys do realize that an Aleph LE is not required and will not work with this head right?

This aint rocket surgery. It is a lot easier than you think. Once you pick your converter and emitter, all you have to do is put it together. A little solder, some epoxy and you are all set! Look around in the CPF FAQ's and over at Dat2Zip's website
When I first came to CPF I didnt know a luxeon from a laxitive (meaning I didnt know S**T about LED's).
These are really good people here and most anybody will be glad to answer your questions.