• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold Out: Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow.

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: FS: Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow.

I'm sure the tint is nice, but I like Hi-CRI when I can get it, and this light isn't a lumen cannon by any means, so Hi-CRI would be a nice feature if it can be had.

Any idea if the off setting is "hard-off" or "soft-off"?

easilyled

Flashaholic

A progressive-twisty 1xAAA light with a proper textured aluminum reflector? That sounds great! I have to ask though, is there any way to get a Nichia 219 Hi-CRI emitter instead of the Cree XP-G emitter?

The Piccolos use Nichia 219A's so maybe they're what you're looking for. If you're interested, I might be prepared to part with one of mine.

Personally I prefer the use of the XP-G2 in the Ottavino. A neutral XP-G2 of the tint used for the Ottavino is rated at about 80 CRI. For the large increase in output (90 lumens compared to 60 lumens), this is a perfectly acceptable compromise for me.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

LedTed, Curious as to what you mean by this??: "Second, what ESD precautions were taken while building your recent jems?"

mbira

Newly Enlightened

PP sent from Canada for Ottavino Ti V2 with green tritium and green glow.

Thanks,

Scott

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok! Shocking that I missed that! I am very very aware of Static Discharge. Just not the acronym. I thought ESD was something I only had to worry about if I experienced it for more than 4 hours! lol.

Maxbelg

Enlightened

I'll take one! Blue glow and blue trit. Please install the split ring. PP sent.

Double Barrel

Enlightened

I couldn't PM you, so I'll have to ask my questions here,

I usually prefer clickies over twisties, but your ...Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow sure seems very tempting.

Second, what ESD precautions were taken while building your recent jems?
Lastly, what warranty do you offer?

While I'm aware of what ESD is and can do to electronics, I'm not sure why we would need to know this prior to buying a light. If it has been assembled and in good working order before it is shipped to us, is there any need for concern after that point? I've been using my Tain lights like crazy and I've not noticed any sparks jumping from them. :)
I really am curious as to whether I need to know this or not. I've never saw that asked as a pre-requisite.

LedTed

Enlightened

I have an Electronics Degree and have worked on discreet electronic components to the sub-component level. I.E. Testing the Gate of a Transistor, not just the operation of said component. So, my viewpoint is skewed from experience.

fyrstormer

Banned

Ok! Shocking that I missed that! I am very very aware of Static Discharge. Just not the acronym. I thought ESD was something I only had to worry about if I experienced it for more than 4 hours! lol.
Well, if you are continuously electroshocked for more than 4 hours, I would advise going to the doctor anyway.

easilyled

Flashaholic

While I'm aware of what ESD is and can do to electronics, I'm not sure why we would need to know this prior to buying a light. If it has been assembled and in good working order before it is shipped to us, is there any need for concern after that point? I've been using my Tain lights like crazy and I've not noticed any sparks jumping from them. :)
I really am curious as to whether I need to know this or not. I've never saw that asked as a pre-requisite.

Me neither. I'm baffled as to how an operation on a tiny scale (as is usually the case for custom builders) could be expected to make allowances for this and I'd be really interested to know if any of the mass manufacturers do.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

This is a sales thread. Discussions re ESD can be done in it's own thread. Please start one, but no discussion in this thread re that subject.

Bill

Fat Boy

Enlightened

PayPal sent for :
Two Ottavino
1 Red tritium, no glow.
1 Orange tritium, no glow.
Thanks again Yitsan

dbleznak

Enlightened

PayPal sent for 1 ottavino green and green . Transaction ID - 5P7835522F0653124

Shifty007

Newly Enlightened

Would you please email me your paypal information and the pictures you posted in this thread I am unable to see them. It may be because I am new. I appreciate your time.

ZzmadzZ

Newly Enlightened

Sir,

Just paypaled you for one AAA light, with aqua glow and purple trits:).

Thank you!

fyrstormer

Banned

Okay, I'm in for one. If I like it, I may buy a couple more. I'll send payment in a few minutes.

1x Ottavino V2
1x Green trit vial
No glow

Paid for registered airmail

Last edited:

Tain

Enlightened

hey!!
payment for 1 flashlight,with green trit and green glow...
thanks a lot!! :)

I couldn't PM you, so I'll have to ask my questions here,

I usually prefer clickies over twisties, but your ...Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow sure seems very tempting.

After reading your introductory post in this sales thread, I have a few questions.
First, can I order a light without "glow"?
Second, what ESD precautions were taken while building your recent jems?
Lastly, what warranty do you offer?

1. Yes, you may order without glow.
2. None ESD precaution were taken. Thank you for your opinion, I may add those to my future projects.
3. 1 Year Warranty (defect in materials or workmanship).

A progressive-twisty 1xAAA light with a proper textured aluminum reflector? That sounds great! I have to ask though, is there any way to get a Nichia 219 Hi-CRI emitter instead of the Cree XP-G emitter?

Also, is the "off" setting a "hard-off" or a "soft-off"? That is, does the driver continue to use power when the light is off?

1. The reflector produce good beam with 219, but I only have few 219 emitter left from previous runs.
2. It's a soft-off. Minimum amount of power is drawing when its off.

To bolster the reputation of an already great light, the neutral tint XP-G beam is absolutely gorgeous. My V1's beam was quite pleasing to the eyes. I love the Nichia 219, but this light is a very nice addition to my neutral collection. Highly recommended, worth every penny.

Thank you for the input.

The Piccolos use Nichia 219A's so maybe they're what you're looking for. If you're interested, I might be prepared to part with one of mine.

Personally I prefer the use of the XP-G2 in the Ottavino. A neutral XP-G2 of the tint used for the Ottavino is rated at about 80 CRI. For the large increase in output (90 lumens compared to 60 lumens), this is a perfectly acceptable compromise for me.

Thank you for the input.
The tint of the XP-G2 R5-4U is lovely too. I had to buy a whole reel to get this tint.
PP sent from Canada for Ottavino Ti V2 with green tritium and green glow.

Thanks,

Scott

Payment received and confirmed, thank you.

I'll take one! Blue glow and blue trit. Please install the split ring. PP sent.

PayPal sent for :
Two Ottavino
1 Red tritium, no glow.
1 Orange tritium, no glow.
Thanks again Yitsan

PayPal sent for 1 ottavino green and green . Transaction ID - 5P7835522F0653124

Would you please email me your paypal information and the pictures you posted in this thread I am unable to see them. It may be because I am new. I appreciate your time.

Please paypal to piccolo.ti [at] gmail [dot] com

Sir,

Just paypaled you for one AAA light, with aqua glow and purple trits:).

Thank you!

Okay, I'm in for one. If I like it, I may buy a couple more. I'll send payment in a few minutes.

1x Ottavino V2
1x Green trit vial
No glow

Paid for registered airmail

Any left mate ?

Yes, it is still available.