• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* - price reduction FS: Turn Key MAG85 - premium set up

missionaryman

Enlightened
if it's not there yet I'll call Australia Post on Monday and :xyxgun: them...

in the meantime how was the Margaret river - I never been there myself, it's cheaper to go overseas...

tlim

Newly Enlightened
Still haven't got it yet... :( Hope it's not gone missing in the mail system...

Margaret River was great... lighthouse, caves, parks, and of course the wineries and food... We stayed at a really nice cottage near a waterfall, but unfortunately, the river was dry, and there wasn't even a trickle at the falls...

yeah, it's odd, but I did notice that the prices of airfares and tour packages in Australia were much much higher than what we had to pay for them here in Singapore...

missionaryman

Enlightened
I'll call Australia Post tomorrow morning and chase it up for you. Sorry that it's taken so long but if it has gone missing it's insured for $200, less the excess fee for the claim you will still get a full refund. I think it's just Australia Post being slow though.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
well, don't worry, it's not your fault... :) i only hope that it's just slow... I'd rather have the light than the refund... :)

missionaryman

Enlightened
ok I spoke to Australia Post today and they have confirmed that it left the country on 18/04/06 and it should get to you in 7 - 10 days from then which is mid this week.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
hmmm.... nothing just yet... hope it comes in tmrw... :) I just can't wait for it to get here...

missionaryman

Enlightened
3 full weeks today!!!

Jeers to Australia Post, not that they would give a dam...
I can only get tracking info from this end, maybe you could contact your postal service with the tracking number and see if they can give you some info?

tlim

Newly Enlightened
well, nothing this week, so I'll call them on Moday to see if they might have any info about it... :(

missionaryman

Enlightened
I'm glad we insured it - just check with your postal service and your customs, when I went to New Guinea customs stopped me and asked me to dismantle the torch as it went through X-Ray, I guess it can look slightly bomb-like.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
ok, update: I'm raising hell at Singapore Post right now!! :xyxgun: :xyxgun: :xyxgun:

I spoke to Singapore Post this morning, and it seems that it arrived in Singapore on 19th Apr, and they "attempted" delivery on 20th, but I never received any notification. They were supposed to have sent out a reminder on 27th , but I did not receive it either! :mad:

Right now, they are trying to track down the item, and I'll keep you updated...

Bloody inefficient idiots!! :rant:

missionaryman

Enlightened
that is ridiculous!

well at least it's a good thing you checked up on it.

make sure you give the batteries a good charge before attempting to use it or it will probably kill them now they would be so flat after all that time sitting there.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
They've checked and it's still at the post office, so I'll be picking it up later... will keep you updated... :)

I think I'll probably lodge an official complaint at the same time... :devil:

missionaryman

Enlightened
good to hear, it's good to fill out an official complaint because they can investigate it and learn from it.

keep me posted, interested to see what you think and how you like it compared to your MAGHID

tlim

Newly Enlightened
got it... pity it's only afternoon now... i can't wait till tonite... :)

I'll definitely be writing in a complaint... lets see what they do...

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently, the 2500s (not sure about other variants) can fit with a trick :-
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/107772&highlight=sanyo

If your fully wrapped 2300s don't fit initially too, try turning them a little. Maybe all Sanyo batts are not fully perfectly cylindrical in shape :)

Add : Just tried out 4 x 2500s in my friend's 4D Mag. It works!! :D Snug fit, and might take a little effort to get out (some shaking) but damn, it works. Great find spacemarine.

So much for spending days hand boring my Mag mods and resorting to stripping wrappers. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

tlim

Newly Enlightened
Missionaryman, thanks again.....

still haven't got the chance to try it out yet... the batteries were quite flat, and I've still got half of them on a slow conditioning charge...

Hi Ledcandle, thanks for the headsup... I did try rotating the batteries, and it seemed that at certain angles, the fit was better than at others... I'll definitely be trying it out again as I'm planning to get a 2nd set of spare batteries.

missionaryman

Enlightened
tlim - just a suggestion, with the money you paid for the MAG85 I built a ROP (smaller so I could fit it to my bike - had to compromise some Lumens) and in doing so I bought a modamag M2 relfector. These weren't around the time my MAG951 was built.

I would reccomend this reflector to you 1000% - it's so well made and the bulb opening is only just the size of the bulb (for ROP anyway - I think it's very similar for the 1185) so that very little light is lost out the back.

I got a light stipple M2 and now I'm saving for a Smooth, cammed M2 - they are absolutely great reflectors and only $23 - I better stop, anyone would think I'm taking a comission the way I'm going on.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
hmmm.. i've actually been thinking of getting a light stipple reflector... might just do it soon... is that the one from Lightedge?