• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* - price reduction FS: Turn Key MAG85 - premium set up

missionaryman

Enlightened
it's directly from CPF member modamag or the sandwich shoppe (theledguy.com) - here's a pic showing the fit with the ROP HOLA - modamag's finish is actually better than this but I drilled it out to fit the HOLA

ROP004.jpg

and here's a comparison beamshot of the MAG951 which you now posses and some common other torches:

4waycomparo.jpg

tlim

Newly Enlightened
great light... had it at the beach over the weekend... :)

only thing i noticed is that the beam is oval, and it seems to be quite sensitive to the positioning of the in the holder... even 1mm off center in the reflector will make a difference to the shape of the beam...

missionaryman

Enlightened
yes that's characteristic of an orange peel reflector - they give good throw but the beam will still have slight "batwing" effect. A stippled reflector will remedy this - actually you can see in the photo I posted that the beam is oval.

With positioning the bi pin bulb you have to be pretty accurate but once you place it it wont move.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
I've got myself a adjustable voltage DC power supply, and when I set it to 12V, the voltage it puts out shows only 11.36 on my multimeter. Does anyone know if it sounds right? Thanx...

missionaryman

Enlightened
mmm.. I've tried a few of them and they all do about 12.6v, even the adapter from my Energizer 1hr charger. The one you've got might be regulated or possibly faulty

tlim

Newly Enlightened
hmmm... maye it's the multimeter then... cos I checked 2 different units, and both showed under 12v...

tlim

Newly Enlightened
looks like a good and cheaper alternative to what I had in mind... i was actually considering getting the maha c-777... heard that the maha is about the best around...

missionaryman

Enlightened
I've read somewhere in these forums (probably batteries included) that the Maha fries your batteries, might have been operator error though. This one is chaep but the reports on it are pretty good.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
hmmm... just ordered one of the universal chargers... I think it should be good for my MagHID as well...

looks like this charger is one of the better ones. did a search and you're right about the maha...

missionaryman

Enlightened
there you go expensive charger damaging cells and the cheapo does a better job.
This will be a good set up for you, with a more powerful charger like that one you can charge the whole pack in no time and it makes it a whole lot better to use then.