• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold:****Sniper Grey Gladius Night-Ops XP-G R5 by Icarus****

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
I cant wait for it. Its gonna make a co-worker very jealous...and for the price I was surprised it wasnt gone.

BTW gswitter do you have any experience with rechargables in the Gladius?? I found very little info on it and nothing set in stone.

How does your P4 one compare to the Lux version??? Big difference??

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant wait for it. Its gonna make a co-worker very jealous...and for the price I was surprised it wasnt gone.
If I didn't have the Lux III model that I intend to upgrade myself, it would have been. ;)

BTW gswitter do you have any experience with rechargables in the Gladius?? I found very little info on it and nothing set in stone.
I haven't run rechargables in mine, but as I recall, you can run a single 17670 li-ion or two 3.0V RCR123's. Two 3.7V RCR123's will fry the driver, so if you go the 2x RCR123 route be sure to get lower voltage cells like these. The light will blink occasionally with a single 17670, but will otherwise operate fine.

How does your P4 one compare to the Lux version??? Big difference??
The P4 throws a little further, has a smoother transition from hot spot to flood and has a noticeably brighter flood. A very worthwhile upgrade.

The Gladius/Typhoon reflector is very similar to that of the new, XP-G-based Quark Turbo, which has a fantastic beam. The combination of that beam with the Gladius UI would be pretty ideal. That's my hope for a XP-G-updated Gladius, and if the XP-G's I ordered ever arrived, I'll try it myself.

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
So 17670s will run in it...is there any noted drop in brightness or run times?

Same question in regards to the recharges...

Thanks

PS...Ill let you know who the beam looks upon arrival. I dont own a stock version but can borrow a co-workers.

PPS...thanks for already owning one :D

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure you can find much better details elsewhere on the forum, but here's what I can confirm...

I pulled a 17670 out of another light. It's an AW cell, bought a few years ago, and I previously removed the label to allow it to fit in another light. It fits perfectly in my Gladius, but with the label on, the fit might be questionable. The Gladius appears to operate normally with the 17670, but it does indeed blink twice every fifteen seconds. The 17670 showed 60% charge on my ZTS, as did the two CR123A's that were previously in the Gladius. A quick check with my light meter showed the same lux value with the 17670 as it did with the two CR123A.

I have no idea how long the light would remain in regulation with the 17670, but theoretically a 17670 (5.92Wh) has about 65-75% of the power of a pair of primary CR123A's.

I don't have any 3.0V RCR123's, but, again theoretically, two of the previously linked AW LiFePO4 cells (3.2Wh) have 35-40% of the power of a pair of primary CR123A's, and 55% the power of a single 17670.

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info.

It sounds like it may be better to stick with what the light was made for based on the info you gave.

Thanks again

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
Finally!!!! Received my Gladius and wow. Awesome condition just as described and bright as all holy heck!

Already on my duty belt.

Dang those international customs!!

Thanks again