• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Spy007 STEALTH / XM-L and Tritium-Mod (SN #0225)

samuraishot

Enlightened
Re: LAST DROP 899$? Spy007 STEALTH / XM-L and Tritium-Mod (SN #0225)

I can't believe this is here still. That finish is fantastic. Beautiful light Toby. :thumbsup:

I can't believe it either, the bead blast is so cool!

toby_pra

Flashaholic

ok cant do more, i wont go any lower

toby_pra

Flashaholic

congrats ;)

PM sent

toby_pra

Flashaholic

NOW sold thanks

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Thanks Troy :)

I want to give a little update...

The buyer, Mark (stateoftheart) claimed a paypal-disput, although the light is still
on its way to Australia. The light was shipped 08.03.2013 and the buyer gets
the tracking from me, shipping can take up to 6weeks or longer, i told him that.

Also the shipment is fully insured and i am a well known member here. If the
light gets really lost, German Post will refund the money to him...

Mark contacts me a few days ago to check again the tracking. I had no chance
to reply, because the inbox was full. Later i did not had the time to response,
and that was the reason for him to claim a paypal-dispute. Now my paypal-account is
blocked with a negative of more than 900$. I cant do any payment anymore, because
paypal would take that money from my bank-account!

I am afraid they will refund Mark my money, although there is still time for the
light to arrive and the German Post wont refund until they have a feedback from
the Australien Post and declare the light as lost.

For me its simply not
comprehensible why he starts a claim, without waiting a
little longer or reminding me again. The investigation was started today. But i wont
and cant refund any money until its declared as lost. Otherwise i have nothing at the end.

Mark i am more than disappointed. Thats not CPF, there is no trust, nothing.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

PayPal requires that the buyer file a dispute not later than 45 (??) days after the date of purchase. While it is supremely lame for this to happen, you could see it from his perspective as his only choice if he is to get any benefit from using PayPal in the first place.

Given that the light was nearly 1000 USD in value, a shipping method with more speed than 6 weeks might have been more appropriate.

I do hope he gets his light, and PayPal releases the funds back to you. I am almost positive that something a bit more sinister will result. For your sake, I hope you have chosen a method of shipping which requires a verified delivery.

Otherwise he may end up with a free light until he man's up and pays you again. Without proof of delivery, PayPal will always side with the buyer.

Good luck, Toby.

obi

Last edited:

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Obi...

Thank you for your words.
This shipping-method is fully insured/with tracking and delivery confirmation.

Shipping that way can also last only a week but also longer, up to 6weeks or more, depending
on the postal service. But its defintly insured and the German Post pays the money back once the
light is declared as lost in the mail.

The most disappointing for me is, that it seems that he does not trust me.

Last edited:

I agree that one should use a faster shipping mode if he's concerned about shipping timeframes. What I don't understand is why didn't the buyer check the tracking details himself? Didn't you provide him with the tracking info? If he has both the tracking number and proof of insurance it would behoove him to be patient and realize that there is verifiable proof that the package has left Toby's hands. Once out of Toby's hands he can't possibly control what happens to it. That's the whole point of shipping insurance. Either way the buyer is whole, whether he gets the package or gets the insurance money. Very disappointing that the buyer opted to take the dispute route. I hope for a happy conclusion to this mess. Don't be dismayed, Toby. We know you and trust you.

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Mark closed the claim.

The light still has not arrived, but the investigation has started,
hopefully it will show up soon.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought from Toby several times and the packages always arrived, abeit after some 5~6 weeks but that's due to Deutsche Post rather than the seller. Last year I send a parcel out myself via Deutsche Post/DHL and was told by the agent that it will take 7~10 days to get to Singapore which is reasonable. But after I returned home I was made to wait for another 6 weeks so I can attest to the shipping time frame.

However a couple of recent transactions takes only about 10+ days to reach me half way across the globe, which is a rather good shipping time.

To the buyer, have a little bit of patient and I'm sure your little treasure will arrive in no time. Per my experience, Toby is trust worthy and that's all I can say!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

murpharoo

Newly Enlightened
I have bought from Toby 3 times and each time everything has gone smoothly. Good communication from him as well when one package took a little longer to arrive.
I have faith in Toby from my personal dealings with him.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Based on my experience. Toby is a great guy to deal with. Ship out my package with full insurance and the package arrived in two weeks. Love to deal with him !