Soldering posts/pins on a LED driver??

Horsefeathers

Newly Enlightened
I am very new to the world of LED's and have a project that I would like to use a Mean-Well LLD-700L LED driver < http://www.meanwell.com/search/LDD-L/ > on. They make two models, one with wire leads and one with posts/pins for the power input and output. I can't find any suppliers that carries the wired version in stock. My question is what sort of connection is usually used with the pin/post input outputs? Is it possible to solder directly to the posts without harming the driver?Thanks

Microa

Enlightened
I am very new to the world of LED's and have a project that I would like to use a Mean-Well LLD-700L LED driver < http://www.meanwell.com/search/LDD-L/ > on. They make two models, one with wire leads and one with posts/pins for the power input and output. I can't find any suppliers that carries the wired version in stock. My question is what sort of connection is usually used with the pin/post input outputs? Is it possible to solder directly to the posts without harming the driver?Thanks
You can solder the wires to the pins/posts. If you don't want soldering directly to the pins, it seems like that it fit the 1 x 4 2.54mm pinheader's connector. The 2.54mm pinheader is employed in the computor motherboard for connection of Audio, extra USB port etc.

evilc66

Enlightened
I would not suggest wiring directly to the pins, unless you plan to use epoxy/hot glue to support the wires (even that's not perfect). The pins are small and do not last long if they are bent and stressed. Ideally, you should solder them to some protoboard, and then solder the wires to the protoboard. It will be much more robust.

Microa

Enlightened
I would not suggest wiring directly to the pins, unless you plan to use epoxy/hot glue to support the wires (even that's not perfect). The pins are small and do not last long if they are bent and stressed. Ideally, you should solder them to some protoboard, and then solder the wires to the protoboard. It will be much more robust.
That is a good suggestion. Some of the protoboards have the 2.54mm centre to centre hole pitch.

Horsefeathers

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for the suggestion. I'll look into getting a protoboard. Sorry for taking so long in responding. My hard drive/os went sideways and I lost all my bookmarks for the last year. :sick2: Any good links for LED's and electronic supplies would be appreciated.

Horsefeathers!!

Latest posts