Sorry to do this, but EDC AA light?

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
...the nitecore D10 comes up all the time. But, I guess they are discontinued, as everywhere I look I find the D11. Is there something wrong with it? If it was an upgrade over the D10, why don't I ever read anything about it? ...
They took away the best part of the D10 IMHO when they came out with the D10sp and the D11. That was the "instant" shortcuts to max and min [and the min was nice and low. To make it worse, one of the instant shortcuts go to stobe mode.

The D10 is still my favorite single AA light, and therefore my favorite EDC. Of the single AA lights I have, the one that feels smallest to carry is the Jetbeam bk135a because it is so thin. It has a great UI too. I use Eneloops in my EDCs and the Jetbeam goes through them a bit quicker than my other single AA lights, but it is the brightest single AA I have so I guess that's to be expected.

OH, hey --- WELCOME TO CPF christofurr.

Regards,
Thrifty

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
I love my Quark AA and Nitecore D11, but I find them a bit too big to EDC (although they do end up in my pocket quite often). My favorite light to EDC is my Maratac AA in a natural finish. I also keep a Maratac Cu AAA on my splitring as a backup. All of this may change once my Ra Rotary shows up. Good luck on the search. :thumbsup:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find for AA lights, to get them much smaller than a Quark AA most end up twisties.
I prefer clickies so I suggest the Nitecore D11, QuarkAA or thrunite's nuetron 1a .
good useable lows, and bright for there size and affordable.

My nitecore D10 has a slow parasitic drain but is still an awesome light, I think they fixed that in the D11,
Love the deep pocket carry clip and pistondrive is neat.

Last edited:

lpd226

Newly Enlightened
You cannot go wrong with Jetbeam :rock:

I use my RRT0 as my EDC its uses 1x AA 180lm jetbeam realy finish there lights to a very high level I plan on getting them all lol

cheers

rrt-0aa.jpg

gets my vote too I use the cr123 variant but its a great light in any configuration. Quark's rock too though.

lpd226

Newly Enlightened
Gotta throw this one in there. If you want a low low or strobe it's not for you. Other than that it's got a simple UI and plenty of brightness and runtime on 1 aa.

BA10_En01.jpg

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
E3S is a good buy, I will buy one of those eventually (coz i end up buying something else, thank you CPF! haha!). But since you prefer slim SS lights, try looking at lumintop's Silver Fox, its the same sleek smooth design. If you want a dirt cheap one, get a Trustfire F25, that's what i EDC now and the iTP A3 EOS (my quark AA2 Tac and Lumintop L1C remain in my bag)

The good thing about AA lights is that some of them can run up to 4.2 volts, meaning you can put in a 14500 battery and it will run brighter than the 2xAA lights you own. Plus you get the flexibility of using regular AA's when your special 14500 battery runs out of juice, win-win situation, right? :)

Here's the Lumintop:
Lumintop-silverfox-R5.jpg

and here's the Trustfire:
F25-1.JPG

mrlysle

Enlightened
Zebralight SC51 or SC51w, or Fenix LD10 are nice lights using 1xAA. I'm really liking that new Jetbeam BA10 also. Might just pick one up shortly myself.

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
The Zebralight H51 or H51W are very versatile little AA lights too...you should check them out.

lightguy7

Newly Enlightened
Is your head spinning yet? I like the Olight I-10 Infinitum. It is an infinitely variable clicky that runs on a CR123 battery, but you can get a special sleeve that holds an AA battery. When you use the Lithium battery, the brightness is about double what would be obtained with an AA battery. I forget all the max outputs, but they are respectable.

DaveyJones

Newly Enlightened
Is your head spinning yet? I like the Olight I-10 Infinitum. It is an infinitely variable clicky that runs on a CR123 battery, but you can get a special sleeve that holds an AA battery. When you use the Lithium battery, the brightness is about double what would be obtained with an AA battery. I forget all the max outputs, but they are respectable.

lol AKA I-15 infinitum.
they are sold in both cr123 and aa verieties, the aa version is called the i-15.
no need for legoing...