Source for 1-mode 2.5-3A 17mm driver for XM-L?

Zalupok

Newly Enlightened
I have a bunch of flashlight with stupid 5-mode drivers and i need to mod all of them to 1-mode.

I'm looking for a 17mm single mode driver for an XM-L. It does need to be 17mm or smaller and it does need to be single mode.

Optimal voltage would be 3.7 - from 1x18650.

Can't find nowhere.

Toaster79

Enlightened
Look for 7135 based single mode drivers. There should be plenty out there, and they are dirty cheap.

moderator007

Enlightened
Look for 7135 based single mode drivers. There should be plenty out there, and they are dirty cheap.
+1
I have used several dozen of these and they seem bullet proof. Look for 8-AMC7135 2800ma driver. Lightmalls offers a single mode versions sku#m0123. I have ordered from them and had no problems. They are over sea's so it may take awhile to receive them. They are plenty of sellers that sell this particular driver.
If the driver has the 4 stars on the spring side you can choose the modes you want (if you want modes) by solder bridging the correct star to ground. You can look at member downloads pic for info.
Good place to search for drivers.

Last edited:

Zalupok

Newly Enlightened
Thanks you a lot.
I have found what i want.
Now the thread may be deleted.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait wait.....
What kind of flashight do yuo want to use this driver at?
If it has ap60 dropin yuo might need to length the drivers spring

MRTdiver

Newly Enlightened
Look for 8-AMC7135 2800ma driver. Lightmalls offers a single mode versions sku#m0123. I have ordered from them and had no problems.

I'm also interested in modding as the OP stated.

at Lightmalls the driver description says for SSC P7/MUC/SST-50. Will it work for the Cree XM-L? What is the Vf (forward voltage) for that particular driver? Is it within range for the XM-L?

Am I even asking the right questions?

moderator007

Enlightened
I'm also interested in modding as the OP stated.

at Lightmalls the driver description says for SSC P7/MUC/SST-50. Will it work for the Cree XM-L? What is the Vf (forward voltage) for that particular driver? Is it within range for the XM-L?

Am I even asking the right questions?
Yes will work with xml. Driver works well if the supply voltage is close to output voltage. Xml at 3 amps has roughly 3.3 vf depending on bin. When you add all the losses in the light and overhead of the driver its pretty close to a li-ion when you factor in the voltage sag of the battery. If you look here you can see from member HKJ testing where the battery voltage starts off at a 3 amp draw and where it falls off real close to the vf of the xml. Once the input voltage goes below the vf of the led and the other losses the driver becomes direct drive. Then the light will dim slowly until the li-ion is depleted maybe even kicking in the pcb protection depending on the battery used. Most use this dimming as a warning to charge the battery before the pcb trips. If you do trip a battery pcb charge it up as soon as possible.