Spec me a cheap 1xAA torch for < $20 from DX

sabre7

Enlightened
After reading some people's comments about DX, i am having second thoughts about ordering from them. I don't really want to wait a month, or have lots of hassle.
Where else sells equivalent torches? I don't mind paying a little extra if it's going to be quicker. Gotta be somewhere that ships to the UK.:anyone:

I totally agree. Anything over a couple bucks its way too much for a cheap flashlight anyway. Go to the closest Walmart, Target or somewhere like that at least you can take it back or exchange it with no hassles WHEN it quits. I have dealt with Fenix store they ship free worldwide and they don't sell junk.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get EMS shipping from DX. I believe it counts as paying a little extra, and it can reduce shipping times to about a week. They add it for free if you get 20 or more items, too.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I totally agree. Anything over a couple bucks its way too much for a cheap flashlight anyway. Go to the closest Walmart, Target or somewhere like that at least you can take it back or exchange it with no hassles WHEN it quits. I have dealt with Fenix store they ship free worldwide and they don't sell junk.

i dont think its fair to say that dx sells junk..but thats just IMO...
+1 to falling water,get EMS if you are worried, it will probably still be cheaper then anything else

and dont judge dx based on one product, because they DO have good products, like the ultrafire C3 (the older better quality one anyway), and my MTE 5 Mode rebel is onl a "small holster" from the two pack they sell there on my belt.Since its after holiday season, the problems with shipping should stop.

IMO, buy the light, test it out with a surefire of fenix in your other pocket for backup, and then use it as an edc if you like it..

Crenshaw

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do yourself a favor and buy just one of the recommended lights from DX, and wait until it comes. Just forget that you order it and when it arrives you will understand why we buy and wait for these lights. ..they are great lights for the money. In the meantime buy something like a Fenix from the Fenix Store to keep you happy for now.
After reading some people's comments about DX, i am having second thoughts about ordering from them. I don't really want to wait a month, or have lots of hassle.
Where else sells equivalent torches? I don't mind paying a little extra if it's going to be quicker. Gotta be somewhere that ships to the UK.:anyone:

sabre7

Enlightened
Rather than risk your money with DX, it would be much wiser to invest the money in lottery tickets slot machines or a wishing well-- much much higher odds of getting something in return. Better yet, just burn it at least you will have light.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Easy there Sabre.... What do you REALLY think?

When you got some more time (and way more lights) under your belt we'll take your comments more serious. For now I think you are bloviating.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rather than risk your money with DX, it would be much wiser to invest the money in lottery tickets slot machines or a wishing well-- much much higher odds of getting something in return. Better yet, just burn it at least you will have light.
Man, what's wrong with you DX bashers?

No, they aren't perfect, and yes, you wait a long time if you don't get EMS. But nowhere else can you get a good multimode Rebel flashlight for €12, if there's some problem they are ready to hear you out, and they often send replacement items without even asking for the old ones back.

During the last year or so I've ordered many things from DX, and I've been really happy with them.

PJS: what does "bloviating" mean?

linterno

Enlightened
This LED flashlights forums should be split in two: Low profile flashlights (DX, KD and others) and high profile flashlights (SF, Lumapower, fenix?, etc). Those who don't like cheap lights could keep in the high profile area.

I have noticed that when people ask for some cheap flashlight recomendation or review they get answer like: "forget about it buy a SF/fenix".

I have a $ 15 SSC 1AAA flashlight from KD which is a really bright light. I could have bought a fenix L0D which is $ 40+ (three time more expensive and sure better built), but this KD works really good.

sabre7

Enlightened
Easy there Sabre.... What do you REALLY think?

When you got some more time (and way more lights) under your belt we'll take your comments more serious. For now I think you are bloviating.

Big Bill O'Reilly fan are we? Be true to the US flag avatar waving beside your name and respect my 1st Amendment right to free speech. The guy asked for opinions and that is mine. Wasting money on 35 unneeded flashlights doesn't make one an expert, you Culture Warrior. :nana:

Last edited:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sabre: stop flaming. You have your right to say DX is crap just as you have your right to say, should you so desire, that the world is flat. Having an opinion does not automatically make something true, and going personal won't do you any good either.

There's plenty of people here who have had good experience with DX.

I myself have bought the MTE flashlight, and I can attest without any doubt that it does its job and it does it well, so I don't see any reason why I shouldn't tell anyone to buy that instead of a light that costs three times as much and does the same thing.

Last edited:

sabre7

Enlightened
I am not flaming. I will not stand for people who try to silence those they disagree with. I speak from MY personal experience, I have done MY research, and if you would kindly do the same, you will find there are just as many who have had problems with that co.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
All I know at this time is that both of my DX Cree modules are working perfectly, my MTE 1AA seoul is working well as a front twisty and the Romisen RC-F4 that came today has so far impressed me and three other people who have handled it!

I have still coming an RC-G2, two SAIK 1AA Cree lights and a Seoul Drop in for a P60.

I'd like to see a light as nice as the RC-F4 and as bright for 4 times the money!

I don't have any super kewl expensive lights. So far I think of this Romisen as a kewl expensive light.

Your mileage may vary!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I can say about DX is three orders and no problems, all within two weeks, usually about 10 days. My only gripe is they could package things better but nothing was broken.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sabre...I own Surefire, Streamlight, Wolf Eyes, and Pelican which are all good name brands, but he REAL catch here is that I buy and use my lights from DX and Kaidomain as EDC, and they have been very reliable. If I listened to people like you and NOT think for myself I would have missed out on good, reliable, and inexpensive lights.
I am not flaming. I will not stand for people who try to silence those they disagree with. I speak from MY personal experience, I have done MY research, and if you would kindly do the same, you will find there are just as many who have had problems with that co.

sabre7

Enlightened
Looks like you got ripped off when you bought the Surefire, Streamlight, Wolf

Eyes, and Pelican because you never use them.

Maybe you should sell everything you own so you can buy MORE great stuff from DX. So I highly recommend them to you. :crackup:

Last edited:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I would like to hear of your experience and problems.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sabre: we have taken notice that you dislike DX intensely. You can stop repeating it now.

I've used the MTE rebel from DX in the past few days, and I'm very happy with it. Yesterday my car battery died (quite suddenly, I'll add), and I was glad I had the little flashlight to illuminate the engine compartment as I changed the battery. While I was doing this I dropped the flashlight on the hard ground not once but three times, and it didn't so much as flicker. Bad quality? I don't think so. Excellent bang-per-buck? Hell yeah. Actually, it might be the best light around right now in terms of sheer price-performance ratio.

I dare say my Cree MXDL puts out slightly more light (after considering the differences in spot/spill), but that one pulls more than 650ma off a 3.7v RCR123 LiIon, while this one pulls 1.2 amps off a 1.2V NiMH Hybrio at full power.

I'm very satisfied and will buy more as presents.

Joshatdot

Enlightened
There's plenty of people here who have had good experience with DX.

I myself have bought the MTE flashlight, and I can attest without any doubt that it does its job and it does it well, so I don't see any reason why I shouldn't tell anyone to buy that instead of a light that costs three times as much and does the same thing.

I feel the same Fallingwater. I LOVE my SAIK RC-A3 Cree AA Flashlight (Gray), DK SKU 5346. It is perfect price/performace AA torch. I was tempted to get a Fenix 1xAA..but until I find a serious fault or if my 5346 breaks, I won't be getting a Fenix 1xAA anytime soon.

Joshatdot

Enlightened

I would like to hear of your experience and problems.

Same here...since you only joined this month, how many disappointing DX or KD products/orders do you have?