SPY005 Sign Up List

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
brightnorm said:
Will the lanyard hole(s) be on the battery cap? I could only find a preliminary rendering, not a photo.

Brightnorm

It's not on the tailcap itself but at rear of the body AFAIK.

lap1.jpg

Sturluson

Enlightened
As far as I know, I am the very last person who will get a Spy005, so it ill behooves me to be demanding.

BUT...I would love two green tritium vials, please. :thanks:

(by the way, I've been waiting years to use the expression "ill behooves me". Thanks!)

Darell

Flashaholic
BugOutGear_USA said:
I wasn't aware of the tritium option(this is a lonnng thread). Is this going to be offered by Data?

Thanks,
Flavio
The slots are cut in all of the lights - the slots are up at the front between the switch and the head. Data will not be supplying the Tritium vials according to his last word on the subject. The pocket will fit the same size vial that Don uses on the tail of the PD.

B@rt

Flashaholic
The Spies will come with 2 slots for them, it's up to you if you want to fill it up with something. :thinking: :grin2:

Hmm, Darell beat me to it... :wave:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am back. Had a great but short vacation. The snow was great Thursday and Friday and a little slushy on Saturday.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Bart and Darell for fielding the questions, you guys :rock:

Bart, do you know where to get the clear glue? Sounds like many people will be wanting some.

Dave

Rudi

Enlightened
No need to get high tech. Clear nail polish works well. It'll shrink as the solvent evaporates. Re-apply until you get the desired amount of fill-in.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Richt, there are several ways to do it, clear epoxy, optical gradient epoxy, (mostly more expensive, the diff won't be noticable), clear nailpolish, or glass-bond. ;)

A RC-shop or DIY shop will be a good starting point.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know there has been a source on CPF here for the tiny tritium vials that would fit the SPY005 , but where else would one go for them?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
banner-ad.gif

Things are going well. I get to go see the first 10 chromed production knobs on Monday. If they are OK they will run the rest. Then it is on to the heads. The last of the Black bodies and battery caps went into the anodizers today. I do still have to build up the PCBs, pot the LEDs and adjust the trims. When this stuff is done then it will only be a short time till the lights are complete.

It is as good a time as any for me to start collecting shipping information on everybody. I would like for everyone purchasing a SPY to copy and past the text below into an email sent to me at "[email protected]". Please make the email subject "SPY shipping address".

Your CPF user ID:

The serial number(s) of your light(s):

Your full Name:

Your complete shipping address including country:

Your shipping phone number:

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Bob_G

Enlightened
I'll bet we could just send our info, and not have 100 posts saying that we've done it.
How about 100 posts discussing whether we should or shouldn't post whether we did or didn't send our shipping info :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.