SPY005 Sign Up List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturluson

Enlightened
Let me start. I don't think we should post whether we supplied our shipping information or not. If we didn't supply our shipping information, then it was because either 1) we didn't read this part of the thread and didn't know, or 2) we did read this part, knew, and didn't care, or 3) we read this part, knew, cared, but couldn't, for some reason, response.

I think we should focus our efforts on finding those fellow CPF members who saw, knew, cared, and couldn't respond. These people obviously need help. They could be stuck in some dark cave with no light, or with light and no batteries, or... well, you get the point. These people need help.

But how to help them? Well, first we have to know who they are. So (I know I'm contradicting myself) I think we should post whether we supplied our shipping information. It's the only way to find and help those lost souls who saw, knew, cared and couldn't respond.

Actually, the more I think about it, it won't really help to know who did or didn't send shipping information. Even if we knew who didn't, we still wouldn't know whether this was because they saw, knew, and didn't care; or saw, knew, cared and couldn't.

I think I'll take a nap...

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL

The ten test knobs are good so I told them to run them all.

HV1T8099.JPG

HV1T8097.JPG

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
But how are we supposed to get 16,000 posts like Darrell if we don't post at every available opportunity?

PS Shipping info is on the way, its not like we can actually discuss the light yet :p

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Why are they so shiny? :nana:

And this is for Darell:
E-mail with shipping info sent!
And ... don't try this at home, or Darell will get angry and punish us all!

bernie

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data,

Thanks for the cross link. I could've sworn this was in my list but guess not. At least it is now and I won't miss anything . . . I hope.

-LT

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
Dave, please add me to a backup list in case anyone drops out (edit: or if you end up with more SPYs than expected- I'd sure like to have one of these!). Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the anodizing work is complete. I picked up the last of it today. The chrome plater told me he may have the knobs done on 4-7, we will see. When I pick up the completed knobs I will drop off heads.

Cheers
Dave

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Dave,

Do you have a rough idea of when you expect/hope to start shipping?

Brightnorm

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the chrome platers stay on track they will have the knobs done in a few days. If they are fast with the heads and lens rings they will knock them out in two weeks. When I get the parts back from them I will only have to assemble the lights and then they will be ready.

When the lights are ready to ship Wayne and I will start accepting payment. I will re-post the details about payment options in the near future.

Dave

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sound like this will be shipping about the time I get my tax refund, whooo hoo!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The chrome plater is still not done with the knobs. :rant:

Remember that as it stands now the highest power setting ( 1000mA) can only be used intermittently. Is anybody interested in having the max power reduced on their light? I am going to make this a option for those who want it. As I talked about before it is quite easy to do by changing the value of the sense resistor. The option would bring all the power levels down an equal amount. The high would then be about 600mA.

Any takers?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.