SRT6 indepedently tested lumen output anyone?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SRT6 is a FAR better flashlight than my gimmicky SRT7 its brighter as well. But I cannot find a single independent lightbox test of the SRT6 anywhere. Does anyone have a link or results of their own they can share?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen anything like this either. SRT6 seems to be underestimated flashlight.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
VASTLY underrated. My SRT6 is just far more of a solid all around light without the barely functional RGB set up. In order to get my SRT7 anywhere near its supposed 960 lumens I have to use rcr123's which give it 870 lumens up from its actual 790 which is ridiculous. Just ordered another set of Orbtronic 700mah rcr123's for the SRT6. I am assuming that 2x sources will work just as well on the 6 as the 7. Id ask Selfbuilt but hes one busy dude. Im about to break down and buy a light meter...

LEDburn

Enlightened
I must be the only one who misses the nitecore marketing - it must be good cause people still keep buying their garbage. Original ideas, excellent performance?? Not from nitecore!!

You would be VASTLY better off with a Fenix or other brand.

Mark2

Enlightened
I must be the only one who misses the nitecore marketing - it must be good cause people still keep buying their garbage. Original ideas, excellent performance?? Not from nitecore!!

You would be VASTLY better off with a Fenix or other brand.

You should check out some current Nitecore lights before calling them garbage.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
I'd hardly call this a scientific, controlled test, but when I compare the SRT7 against my Eagletac TX25C2 (rated at 960 ANSI lumens) I find the SRT7 to slightly edge it out, with a brighter hot spot too. I don't have an SRT6 for comparison, but it seems to me that the output figures for the SRT7 seem to be in the ball park. Just my 2 cents... :sssh: