Stanley MaxLife 369 Tripod

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the 1.25W version is the "new" one, even though it's been around for many months now. It wouldn't be hard to be ten times brighter. The 6 LEDs in mine are so low quality they're 6 different tints.

Flashlight Enthusiast
just saw a commercial for it last night

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the original tripod but just picked this one up today at Lowes for $30.00. http://www.stanleytools.com/default...sc=Stanley®+3-in-1+Tripod+LED+Flashlight

It is 3 separate flashlights in one, they have reflectors, are single level and the emitter is possibly a Nichia?

When you have all 3 in the tripod base any of the power buttons turns on all 3. The heads can be separately adjusted allowing you to light 3 distinct areas.

Much brighter and more useful than the original although the tint is still purple and the tripod is plastic instead of aluminum.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine's been disassembled almost since I got it. Just waiting for some GS LEDs to put into it and hopefully make it more useful.

-LT

lumenal

Enlightened
I've seen 3 different versions of this Stanley 369 tripod light.

The original : with 6, 5mm LEDs.

Second gen. : equipped with a Lux I and domed optic.

Third gen. : this one clearly has a CREE mounted in a reflector. However, it is not an XR-E, it could be an XR-C, or even an XP-C LED.

(Only 2 bond wires on the LED.)

The packaging claims 40 lumens.

EDIT: after clicking Beamhead's link, theres yet another generation... :laughing:

Last edited:

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen 3 different versions of this Stanley 369 tripod light.

The original : with 6, 5mm LEDs.

Second gen. : equipped with a Lux I and domed optic.

Third gen. : this one clearly has a CREE mounted in a reflector. However, it is not an XR-E, it could be an XR-C, or even an XP-C LED.

(Only 2 bond wires on the LED.)

The packaging claims 40 lumens.

EDIT: after clicking Beamhead's link, theres yet another generation... :laughing:

Well, I've looked over this thread purty well, and I think I picked up a fifth version of the MaxLife 369 (95-112). Wal-Mart had a boat load of them for $10 even. It has one (20 lumens) LED, and it is definitely not a Cree or Lux, and it has no optic, just one big reflector. The LED looks like a very small white square with round yellow (phosphor?) in the center. The white square part has a tiny notch out of one corner. The whole LED is mounted straight to the green PCB which is clearly visible through the large cut out at the base of the reflector.

Light output is cheap man's multi-level output: OFF and ON. Compared to the 6 LED version, this light puts out a very narrow beam. I can describe the color of the light this puts out as the worst I have ever seen in one single LED. The hot spot is blazing hot violet/purple, and the immediate corona is quite large and bright yellow with slight green tinge. Spill is almost non-existent. All these factors conspire to make this a "Return to Vendor" item! FYI, with only one leg loaded with three AA's, the current draw through the end cap was a hair less than 50 mA. So loaded with nine Eneloops, it should give about 120 hours of run time. So, if the whacked colors mean nothing to you, and run time is everything, this could be just your light.

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the original tripod but just picked this one up today at Lowes for $30.00. http://www.stanleytools.com/default...sc=Stanley®+3-in-1+Tripod+LED+Flashlight

It is 3 separate flashlights in one, they have reflectors, are single level and the emitter is possibly a Nichia?

When you have all 3 in the tripod base any of the power buttons turns on all 3. The heads can be separately adjusted allowing you to light 3 distinct areas.

Much brighter and more useful than the original although the tint is still purple and the tripod is plastic instead of aluminum.

I saw this one at Lowe's a couple weeks back. It looked really nice, but I wasn't willing to drop $30 on it. This would be a great gift for the average guy who is into tools but not flashlights. It claimed 20 lumens each or 60 lumens if all of them were turned on at the same time. Being able to take it apart and have three separate flashlights is a great design!

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone interested, they are selling for $14 bucks at Target (50% off) - They have a clearance section completely filled with them.

However I am going to return it tonight (even better now that I found out its $10 at Walmart!). Its about as bright on high as my LOD is on medium. While Im sure the runtime will be excellent, the output is pathetic for the size.

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone interested, they are selling for $14 bucks at Target (50% off) - They have a clearance section completely filled with them.

However I am going to return it tonight (even better now that I found out its $10 at Walmart!). Its about as bright on high as my LOD is on medium. While Im sure the runtime will be excellent, the output is pathetic for the size.

Which model are they selling for $15?

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which model are they selling for $15?

I was at Target today and they were clearing out the older model that had something like seven LEDS, each with it's own tiny focusing optic built into the lens. It was $20 marked down to $14. Next will be $10 then $5. The one Wally Mart sells for $10 is not the same. It is the one with one LED. I tried the seven LED version over a year ago, and was not impressed. But I am even less impressed with the Wally Mart offering, as I noted a few posts above. As a close-quarter work light, which I believe is what this light is striving to be, the seven LED version that Target is clearing out is actually better suited. At least it gives floody light, if not blazing, whereas the Wally Mart version gives a multi-color hot spot with little spill.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will have to look at the model number next time I am in the store, but I saw a Stanley tripod light being sold for just under $5 (not a mistake) at Home Depot yesterday. It contained just 1 LED and was powered by 3 AA batteries). I pressed the pushbutton on top, hoping for multilevel action, but there is just one brightness level.

The box claims 20 lumens. There was a bluish tint on the demo model.

I had just walked a mile outside in 10F temperatures, and regret that I didn't have the presence of mind to pay more attention or record the model number.

hopkins

Enlightened
At Walmart saw a pile of these , but a new version. Not called 369 anymore, just "Tripod flashlight".
Looks like one 1/4 watt or
1/2 watt LED inside only. Brightness claims 20 lumens ; on box .

For $ 10 each I could not resist buying one.
With only 3AA NimH's in one of the legs (3,6,or 9 possible as before) it
draws 80mA current. Focused spot with wide spill. Clear plastic bezel not a lens.
And surprise: it has a warm orange spill tint while the center spot looks white.

Last edited:

s20700134

Newly Enlightened
I've had 2 of these. As far as lighting goes, they are okay. Run time is pretty damn long. Durability?................they are GARBAGE! The little battery cap things break. The mechanism that keeps the legs moving together is pretty fragile.

The ones I had contained alittle more leds i think though.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
I bought 2 of these at Lowes' black Friday sale for $9.99 each, which is half of the original price. My intent was a long running, cheap, emergency lighting set up to go along with my LED lanterns. On the highest setting ( 6 LEDs ) with 9 batteries, it is rated for 48 hours, and at the lowest setting of 1 LED with 9 batteries, it is rated at 200 hours. I found the beam profile to be very usable, and the output very aceptable, considering. A ceiling bounce test in my livingroom / dining room area with 6 LEDs proved extremely adequate, and even 3 LEDs worked well enough to comfortably see what you were doing. With 1 LED, you have a great night light. For $10 each, they are great, but I wouldn't pay any more for them.

Latest posts