STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!

wildstar87

Enlightened
I dunno, I think it's the seemingly inexpensive nature of this, that gets you spending a lot of money before you know it. Other stuff you think about it more, because you are sinking a lot of money up front. Here it's $20 here, $5 there, $50 over there, before you know it, $500 is gone. I stumbled onto the site a little over a year ago, thought oh this is kinda cool, and weird, then I was like, oh hey I can do that mod easy, and it doesn't cost that much. That's how it starts. Now I'm scanning the forums all the time to see, hmm what can I do now, what's the hot new LED, I'm SEARCHING for reasons to make new mods, like a bike light, or P60, or another Mag mod in a different way. Then I get to talking with my friends... "Hey, do you have any decent flashlights? I could make you a real nice once cheap, you want modes, no modes, what kinda batteries..." Yeesh!!

I agree this site is DANGEROUS!! :devil:

Last edited:

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Timepiece collecting forums are also WAY more $$$ than anything we discuss here on CPF. Hows $15 grand for a Panerai or 10k for a Bell&Ross. So just go HOG WILD CPF'ers... relatively speaking, flashlight collecting is not really that expensive :poke:

I agree with this 110%. As a well known member of various watch forums, they cost there adds a tad quicker than my flasjlight hobby.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
RaymondMillbrae

3 lights in such a short while? I wouldn't sweat it. I did the same thing. Got 3 different Surefires withing several weeks of each other. I told myself I would get a 6P and that would be it. Then somehow a G2L and a E2DL sneaked into my collection...

Oh indeed this site can be bad for your wallets. I can see its not the lights that will get you - its the mods. Sure you can get a basic light but its what you do to it (LED blub, switches, bodies) that can make it a expensive yet fun hobby.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Raymond,

It is a nice site, the folks are very friendly, and there's a wealth of information.

My wife was a little concerned initially when I first crawled in here and was glued to my laptop for a couple of hours.

"What are you looking at?"
"Flashlights."
"Flashlights?"
"Yeah, it's a forum about LED flashlights, they're actually really cool."
"You mean all these posts are just people takling about flashlights?"
"Yeah!"
"Is this like a fetish or something?"
"Huh???? Uh, no, it's just gadget stuff, look the neat thing about these LED lights...."
But she'd wandered off.

I've been here lsss than a year, and have bought, I think, 10 lights. Even got the wife to clip a purple EO1 to her keychain. And she actually seemed to appreciate my having several lights with me when we went camping. It's surprising how many you need when besides your flashlights, it's freakin' DARK out in the middle of the woods.

As you pointed out, it is cheaper than other hobbies. Getting sucked into the flashlights has actually saved me money over the last year, by diverting me from my normal hobby of acquiring pistols and revolvers. (But I am NOT hanging a light on any of my guns.) And while your friends or coworkers may think you a bit odd if you whip out your latest pocket rocket when someone needs to fish around behind the copier, or the light in the supply closet is out, you can't very well do that with your new mini Glock or classic Walther.

And don't even get me started on tropical fish, like African Cichlids....

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I agree with this 110%. As a well known member of various watch forums, they cost there adds a tad quicker than my flasjlight hobby.

$100-$150 just to get your foot in the door with a Citizen or Invicta Miyota automatic.
$200 gets you into Swiss ETA auto movements with a Croton Super-C

:eek::eek::eek:

:broke:

sappyg

Enlightened
hey raymond,
the point you made about how pleasant CPF'rs are is my experience also. this sight has moderators ginormous experience and willing to shar it with everyone. i don't know why but the people do seem to be more hospitable here than other forums. it's kinda like waking up in south carolina and feeling like you're always welcome.
i came here looking for something and found it. glad you made it. we've been waiting for you. welcome home.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Yeah sure, I agree, you should stay as you advised. Who wants to see how long it takes for Mr Millbrae to make his next post or to have his name pop up on the active users list, don't worry we'll take you back.:popcorn:

1996alnl

Enlightened
RaymondMillbrae

3 lights in such a short while? I wouldn't sweat it. I did the same thing. Got 3 different Surefires withing several weeks of each other. I told myself I would get a 6P and that would be it. Then somehow a G2L and a E2DL sneaked into my collection..

Been there done that...:thumbsup:

RaymondMillbrae

Newly Enlightened
Ha ha ha ha ha.

I can totally relate to BigBlueFish..especially about the conversation he had with his wife. Ha ha ha.

This is a pretty informative forum. It deals with gadgets, and specs...which I like.

Being a locksmith/safe technician in the San Francisco Bay Area by trade, I am very mechanically inclined. And having the best tools for the job is an absolute necessity. My tools are dee bomb, and some of my bore scopes/endoscopes are medical grade Karl Storz or Carl Zeiss glass, and run in the thousands. ($$$).

And as for hunting and defensive weapons...well...let's not even go there. But let me let you in on a little secret:

Shhhhhhhhhhh! *looking over my shoulder to make sure she is not reading this*

My wifey-poo gave me permission to purchase myself a new handgun for Christmas, but foolishly, didn't give me a price limit. So I just ordered a new NIGHTHAWK PREDATOR, and it should be in pretty soon.

He' he' he' he'.

As for reloading, the initial investment will put a little pinch in your wallet. But if you shoot like I do, then you will get twice as many rounds for your money, than if they were store purchased. (Until the "new doode" takes office on Jan 20th, and tries to curtail our 2nd Amendment rights by trying to put a stop to reloading, and then increasing ammo taxes by 500%)!

b167919588.jpg

Actually, if you reload your own rounds, you don't save money.

Why?

Cuz I found out that you spend the same amount of money, BUT YOU LOAD TWICE AS MANY BULLETS FOR THE SAME PRICE. (It's not about saving money. It's about getting more "Bang" for your bucks).

And if you notice, I also load for shotgun. (00-Buck and slugs).

But back to the topic...yea...a good flashlight is always needed. And a good site is always needed as well.

Kudos on a cool site.

Keep it clean, keep it informative, keep it fun. If the latter three are kept in place, I think I found a cool place to hang out at. :thumbsup:

In Christ: Raymond

PS: I was just joking about my wifey-poo not knowing the price of my new toy. We share EVERYTHING together, and she is my best friend in the whole world. As a matter of fact, she is also a great shooter. Below is a picture of us at the range. In the pictures, she is shooting my Smith & Wesson 627 V-Comp, .357 magnum - with 180 grain +P+ loads. And I am shooting my Remmy 870P, with the Knoxx recoil reduction stock.

PSS: Since I am the "sole proprietor" of my business, I can claim TWO of the lights I recently purchased as a tax write-off.

b27642870.jpg

b107805091.jpg

b73364993.jpg

b107805094.jpg

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
<--- 15+ lights in 5 weeks,

gotta say tho, not 1 regret, they are all great lights and im reasonably sure ill get years of service from them.

i can go from 2 - 1200 lumens now depending on which of my lights i pick up.

ill keep checking in to see if there are any major advancements, but i doubt ill buy any more lights for a while:p

i dont understand electronics well enough to build a custom, id rather buy a complete light,

in fact i did.:thumbsup: (mag64)

everywhere i turn now in my house, my car and my wifes car there is a quality light.

and its dark a lot this time of year.

wife actually NEEDED a light night b4 last, she had one and used it :thumbsup:

Dave Keith

Newly Enlightened
Raymond, I wish we were neighbors! My long-suffering wife has been putting up with me for 36 years and counting and what you said about your wife being your best friend is great.

As a minister I've seen marriage from several different angles and that kind of relationship is awesome.

To keep on topic a little, my wife has just shaken her head about my new flashlight interest, but since we live in the country, she has enjoyed the enhanced brightness in our life!

cabbynate

Newly Enlightened
Aw come on. Ya gotta hang a light or two off your home defence weapons. That Remington is begging for one. :poke:

lights.jpg

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wifey-poo gave me permission to purchase myself a new handgun for Christmas, but foolishly, didn't give me a price limit. So I just ordered a new NIGHTHAWK PREDATOR, and it should be in pretty soon.

He' he' he' he'.

I was scratching my leg when I was reading that site... scrolled down and sat up so quick at the price I nearly stopped myself having children! o.o

Enjoy it :thumbsup:

naked2

Enlightened
Raymond, you gotta get one of these to put those dropins into that MrGman says you're bound to buy! :poke: I just ordered a single C cell model, and I don't even own any C cells (yet!) :D
hey raymond,
the point you made about how pleasant CPF'rs are is my experience also. this sight has moderators ginormous experience and willing to shar it with everyone. i don't know why but the people do seem to be more hospitable here than other forums. it's kinda like waking up in south carolina and feeling like you're always welcome.
i came here looking for something and found it. glad you made it. we've been waiting for you. welcome home.
A BIG plus one to that! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: That Remington looks sweet!!!
Ant that too! :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! Tony :santa:

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Hmmmmm? are you talking about my AR15?
RaymondMillbrae is shooting the Remington 870 at the range.
Sorry if I've confused things.:crazy:

:oops: I was looking at your beautifully decked-out AR15, but inadvertently typed "Remington" while reading your post.
I've owned an 870, so there is NO legitimate excuse...well, except for . . . :stupid:

-Clive :confused:

Last edited:

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Being a locksmith/safe technician in the San Francisco Bay Area by trade, I am very mechanically inclined. And having the best tools for the job is an absolute necessity. My tools are dee bomb, and some of my bore scopes/endoscopes are medical grade Karl Storz or Carl Zeiss glass, and run in the thousands. ($$$).

As for reloading, the initial investment will put a little pinch in your wallet. But if you shoot like I do, then you will get twice as many rounds for your money, than if they were store purchased. (Until the "new doode" takes office on Jan 20th, and tries to curtail our 2nd Amendment rights by trying to put a stop to reloading, and then increasing ammo taxes by 500%)! . . .

Hello, Raymond -- How is it that I could have possibly missed this groundbreaking post of yours?!?? I must have logged-off before it posted to the Forum, for this has **GOT** to be the most captivating, fascinating, make me want to spend LOTS of money posts of all time. Superb job, my man! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's one immaculate reloading setup you've got there. Whether it actually costs more to roll your own compared to factory loads is of secondary importance to me, as I take into account the satisfaction factor that naturally accompanies self-loading. Some things are just worth spending the extra money on . . .
BTW - GAWD that's one impressive, exquisitely-outfitted wheelgun . Beautiful. Simply d*mned beautiful.... Ditto! :oops: :whistle:

I pity whomever makes the cardinal tactical error of being in the wrong place at the wrong time while "visiting" your property - and ends up facing the business end of your shotgun (!!!). Again, one beautiful piece of hardware to be sure. Would this happen to be its lucky owner?

Man oh MAN are you ever one lucky (okay, I can't say it here ... :D) to be getting that superlative Nighthawk Predator !!!!!! That's got to be one of the sweetest shooting (and handling and looking) 1911s on Planet Earth. Congratulations, Sir! :clap:

As you've undoubtedly surmised by now ... I am impressed beyond words. I wish you many years of continued enjoyment with shooting gear that's arguably fit for a king!

Best Regards from Encinitas, CA. :twothumbs

-Clive