Stream light scorpion

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I have lost the little silver colored cover that covers the spare bulb and have ordered one it's on the way but with the Holiday and it shipped on a slow boat from China it may be Easter before it arrives. I have not fired it up due to the lost part so I haven't fried anything yet. I am going to back up and reply to each response, I have not forgotten y'all just been extremely busy and haven't had the time. Thanks everyone.

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Thanks bykfixer, That's a great idea! In my old age I can't think like I could a few years ago. I will try the bent legs if that works just to be on the safe side I will order the part.

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Roger, If the LED is as bright as the cand bulb I would love to do that as long as the kelvins are not over 6000 I can't stand that blue light I prefer 5000k pure white and what you are illuminating is it's color not blue. I will check it out but if like anything else that says streamlight it's gonna be expensive.

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Yellow, Thanks for the warning. I assumed it would burn off but never thought about damage. I will remove the bulb and scrape off the glue from the lamp holder. I really amazed myself when I put the glue on. I wanted just a pin drop between the legs but with me shaking like I am shaking someone's hand I figured I would get about a pint all over every thing. But I managed to get just a drop that would fit on a pin head.

I really thought it would not be enough and in the morning I would have to do it again but it was stuck how good I haven't a clue but it don't fall into the lens. But it may if I sneezed I have never had luck with super glue except to glue my fingers together.
But not as bad as my brother did back right after it came out he bought some and was using it to glue something. Anyway the idiot had the top in his mouth between his front teeth, yep you guessed it he glued the cap to his front teeth as he squeezed a fair amount out on the tube cap and that's all it took.

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Thermal Guy/notregulated, Now what are we talking about now? All those numbers and letters?? So y'all have found a bulb that works and is brighter than the regular scorpion bulb? Man that's gotta be some kinda light with that. I did not think anything on earth (at the time) was brighter than a scorpion. Where can I get one of those bulbs? Are they expensive? Will they fit stingers?

I am really disappointed in my two stingers after getting them back in working order they just don't seem as bright as I remember.
It prolly (that's southern for probably) is because the cheap bright China special LED lights have me ruined.
I remember streamlights being so bright it put all others to shame. That was late 1900's to very early 2000's. I was injured in May 2005 and had all my lights well before then.
Thanks guys I look forward to your reply.

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Fivemega, You certainly are talented and very intelligent. I don't know what all that means but it impresses me. I like the scorpion footprint so to throw in a tool bag or pocket lots of light for a small light.
You have a lathe at your disposal? Very good looking if it's as bright as the scorpion and with the stingers not performing to my satisfaction I may be interested in one of these. I need a light that can light up 200 or more feet away. I have twenty acres, Chickens, fox, corn loving coons dogs deer that my Grandboys would like to see at night.

Several months back I bought a used cyclops light that is bright but I don't use a light enough to buy batteries for it. I wanted to use it a couple of months after I bought (actually traded a small stick welder) it it would not do anything and the battery will not hold a charge.
I haven't torn into it yet to see what battery(ies) it has but can't buy batts every time I need it.
I prolly ruined the batt by leaving it on charger to long then off for to long but I don't need something else to try to keep up with.

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Fivemega, Wish I had got on here prior to buying rechargeable Cr123a charger and batts just assumed the only difference was rechargeable vs throwaways. I though I had found the solution to keeping the scorpion feed cheaply. Thanks for your help.

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Good call yellow, I was just in a hurry it was dark outside I had no flashlight to dig through stuff to find a better solution. Hind sight is 20-20 and someone with my background and age should have known better so I grabbed the first thing that would fit through that rubber donut you are talking about.
I hoped a quick strong tap would knock the lens out and it did it left a little scar punch hole and after looking at the condition of all my other lights lens that are showing sighs of a working man I though can't be nearly as bad.

I figure that the red donut has probably deteriorated to some degree from being 17 years old and would not hold the bulb in its place.

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Roger, Thanks for the reply. The reason I popped the lens off was because the bulb eas loose from its normal place and fell into the area where the head is. I tried to remove the lens after trying to get the bulb to line back up and pull it back through the hole in which it got there.
I did not want to knock the lens out via the same process as before so I set at the supper (southern for dinner) table and finally got hold of the legs with tweezers and pulled it back through.

I figure if I continue to use the same bulb holder I will continue to have the problem, but if you have one that will fit and would like to sell it I would like to have it back purty (southern for pretty) It will be after Christmas before I can scrape up enough money to buy it but don't hold it.
I would hate for you to hold it for me and someone else has the money it may be longer before I do. Thanks for your offer and help.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
(Wilber 256). The bulb out of the TL3 fits right in the scorpion and you run 2X16340's. Very bright and won't kill you in battery cost

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Thermal guy, Where is the best place to find these bulbs and batts? Will it be as bright as a regular scorpion? Thanks

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just install a new Strion bulb and power it up with single rechargeable 16650 battery. No further modification necessary and 100% reversible.
Almost same brightness and same run time but rechargeable for hundreds of times.
Now you can use it everyday.

The above is going to be your best bet. I still have my inca. Scorpion as well. I still like it. At one point, it was the absolute best you could get if you wanted a powerful and compact light, without going the SureFire route and spending more money. Yeah, that was a long time ago.

Wilber256

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Monocrom, Will the Cr123a rechargeables I bought work? I bout a charger and 4 batteries prolly not very good quality but what from China is?