Streamlight Stinger Batteries And Chargers

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two Streamlight Stinger chargers. They are both marked P/N: 75100.

It read that the 75100 charger has been replaced by a Streamlight Stinger smart USB charger P/N 75105.

I have two Streamlight Stingers.

Both have Streamlight Stinger nickel-metal-hydride battery sticks marked P/N 75375 bought 12-18-18.

Both batteries seem to be working great right now, but I realize that they won't last forever.

When I want to replace them, should I stay with nickel-metal-hydride battery sticks or go Li-Ion?

If I decide to go to Streamlight 75176 Li-Ion Battery Sticks, do I need a different charger, like the 75105?

Finally, it looks like the Li-Ion battery sticks average about $10 more than the Ni-Mh sticks.

What benefit to I get from switching to Li-Ion battery sticks?

Do I get more charges?

Also, is the smart charger backwards compatible so that it will charge multiple battery types, then?

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I want to replace them, should I stay with nickel-metal-hydride battery sticks or go Li-Ion?
Both NiMH and lithium-ion are 2200mAh, so the only advantage of lithium-ion is weight. In terms of cycles, NiMH should end up being more durable and you don't need to worry about them degrading over time when sitting unused.

Also, is the smart charger backwards compatible so that it will charge multiple battery types, then?
The charger is just a power supply, the electronics are inside the flashlight (or battery, for lithium-ion).

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
It also depends on your intended use of the lights, if the flashlights are to be left in the charger in a vehicle then the NiMH batteries are more suited to temperature changes, especially in hot weather.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still using nicd in my stinger and ultrastinger. For your use I'd stick with nimh. Actually with them both being 2200mah, the nimh is better as it'll have a flat discharge curve

Humpy

Newly Enlightened
I just got a new charger from Streamlight. The one issued with my light went South and it stayed on continuously while charging. The new one starts flashing the red light when it is full.

UPDATE: My new Streamlight Piggy Back Charger number is 75205 and if the light and a extra battery can be on it and charging at the same time. Apparently the circuits are different because one light may start flashing a considerable time before the other.

Last edited:

timbo114

Enlightened
Will an old Streamlight 75200 charger work with NIMH battery pack?
Got a buddy with dead nicad packs from 2013.
I told him I'd ask for help.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks to be their smart charger so should be fine. There's really not much of a difference in charging requirements between the two chemistry's. Nicd handles, trickle, charging better, but as long as it's low, NIMH will be fine