Streamlight TL2-LED & TL3-LED Re-design

Brightsun

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, first time post, long time viewer. I had heard that Streamlight is re-designing their TL2-LED by changing the reflector to match the higher output of the Pelican M6-LED. I cannot find anything on this, except that on Cabela's website they have pictures of the TL2-LED & TL3-LED that appear to have different heads. Does anyone have more info about this? I have posted a link below, I hope is works.

Thanks-Brightsun

Click Here for the photo

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Brightsun!

I edited your post to make the link shorter. If you'd like to learn how to do this for yourself please contact me.

Al

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the xpg which is suppose to be 5 watts 115 lumens 3 hour run time. Its brighter than most store led lights i have purchased, but compaired to my blinkmann xl that takes 2 cr123 batteries its not close to brightness.

BTW, those batteries they take can be had for 15 bucks for 12 else where, 20 bucks for 12 at cabelas.

Myself think I would go with the Streamlight TL-3 xenon. LEd is getting close to being bright as the big guys, but not just yet.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those TL3-LED. It works real well. I don't much care for the color (BIN) of the LED. Not as blue/white as I like. The 2 Nuwai 5 watts I have which were cheaper are better color. Maybe I lost the Luxeon lottery when mine was made. Not trying to advertise, but Brightguy.com is cheaper thna Cabela. The thing seems to be constructed well. The "Throw" is not as well defined a SureFire or Nuwai. Also all my comments are on the LED model. Never seen the hot wire model.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Welcome to CPF Brightsun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
It's generally held that the TL-3 LED is the dimmest 5W light available. I paid $80 for mine via a private sale, but I hear complaints about them retailing for >$100 new when there are competing brighter, better-built models available for less.