Streamlight twin task $3.99

attowatt

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
opskmallory said:
Which sportsman's warehouse was that at? I live in Provo, and if it is that one, I am there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I did not get back sooner... was on 2 weeks vacation. The sportsmans warehouse is in Albuquerque. By the way if anyone lives close to San Antonio, sportsmans warehouse will be opening there as well very soon.

Jim

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have been using Streamlight products for years, and follow discussions in CPF closely. Am not sure I would take that deal, if available to me. Would be a real test of my morals. I didn't say I wouldn't take the deal, just not sure. Can't find fault with autowatt for taking this gem; he no doubt did not know true value of the TwinTask light. I just think that if I did the deal, I would be sort of a theif. Ah, the little tests we get in life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

litho123

Enlightened
Bill -

I agree with you that because we know what flashlights generally sell for, we posess an ability to know when the price is a REAL BARGAIN of a price.

But, how do we know that this 2L wasn't on clearance? We think that it was mis-marked...then again it could have been the last one from a previous batch of lights and truly was on clearance. I've seen it happen in several stores that I frequent where once the old batch is gone, the new batch is put on the shelves and the regular price goes back in effect.

Stores seem to be doing that all the time these days (clearance items)...like an unadvertised special...
I've picked up some lights/batteries/knives/etc. over the years at unbelievable prices. Granted these prices are not the norm (and most items have to be picked up at the usual price) but it always pays to keep an eye out for a good deal. I watched the prices drop, drop some more and bided my time until making my purchase.

Just because the shelf price seems too good to be true doesn't mean that one would be stealing from the store.

I guess I frequent our local Walmart/Target/Sports Authority/Home Depot/Frye's too much! I know virtually all their prices by heart...

2D 17.96 @ T and at M
2D 16.82 @ W
2D 12.00 @ HD (clearance)
3D 18.96 @ W
3D/AA combo 19.97 @ HD

attowatt

Enlightened
Originally I was going to keep it, but... I gave the flashlight to my Dad. He likes to go SALTWATER fishing at night on the piers, and sometimes needs lighting to string his leaders and snap swivels. I figured , I got a good price on the light, and already have way too many cr123 lights with me. He keeps it in tackle box, as opposed to L4's .

Jim

jtice

Flashaholic
lol great deal Jim,

I have been lucky enough to catch a couple pricing mistakes like that.
None THAT good though !

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bullzeyebill said:
Ah, the little tests we get in life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

after paying high prices all the time, this is life's way of paying you back... I would have bought all!

attowatt

Enlightened
all that was available was 1... so all I bought was 1.

If there were 2 or 30, I would have bought 2 or 30 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif